PoA Back up: Thank you Jesse

Yaaaay! And BTW, my best distance for the paper airplane challenge was 59.391. :)

Thanks for working to get the site back up - now I need to get my paper airplane fix somewhere else - 84.493 - man, that was damn addicting!!!

Jesse deserves full credit for this one absolutely - his backup and recovery system made it possible for us to do a full recovery with no loss of data, and now we're upgraded to the latest and greatest code base as well.

Good work Jesse - And I like how ya made it "fail" gracefully, in a manner that I can now open all the windows I already had open. :yes:

Wanna bet!

I even went over to the Purple Board and posted a couple of times. :D

Do you have any idea what this did to my daily post average??

It actually made today's daily post count sound somewhat humanly possible for you. BTW, we were talking about your post count in particular at Gaston's. We were curious when it was going to reset itself to 0.

It actually made today's daily post count sound somewhat humanly possible for you. BTW, we were talking about your post count in particular at Gaston's. We were curious when it was going to reset itself to 0.

Code:
UPDATE profile SET postcount = 0 where userid = 478;

:D:D

Many thanks Jesse!

Thanks Jesse... and all who keep this thing that we all love and rely on, going.

I know that Chuck is aware of what goes on behind the scenes. For the rest of you, however, I thought I'd chime in here. For Jesse to have all of this up and running this quickly with no loss of posts is pretty amazing. If he hadn't had meetings to attend all afternoon, it would have been back up even sooner.

He's talked to me before about all of his contingency planning and it all paid off today. He takes great pride in his work on this site.

Kudos to you, Jesse.

Great job on the recovery. Too bad we can't give the script kiddie his just reward.

Really good job Jesse! Glad to see a quick response to a dumbass hacker.

Thanks Jesse and Greebo and anyone who helped to bring the board back after our hack attack.

It was speedy without too much withdrawl. :D

Oh, I really liked that you provided a page with updates so we knew what was up and were not just wondering what was up.

And the airplane thingie was cool and wasted lots of my time last night so filled in nicely for the board. :blowingkisses:

Missa

Many thanks! It's great you were able to isolate the problem quickly. I appreciate your good efforts.

I
He's talked to me before about all of his contingency planning and it all paid off today. He takes great pride in his work on this site.

Kudos to you, Jesse.

His pride shows- I didn't know anything happened until I saw this thread. The best people make problems minimal to non-existant. Problem is people rarely realize what it takes for that to happen, but not here at POA.

Thanks much

Back