Pneumonia?

C

CoughCoughPilot

Roommate has pneumonia. I have no where else to reside. I’ve started to cough myself. Will a pneumonia diagnosis cause me issues on my next medical (1st class)? Thank you.

Pneumonia contagious? I never knew....

Pneumonia is just an inflammation of the lung tissue, it can be caused by infection but also chemical agents or immune reactions to things like chemotherapy. Your typical community acquired bacterial pneumonia is caused by bacteria already in your system. Other pneumonia causing agents like covid or influenza are contagious.

As for the OP, the pneumonia itself will just be an acute illness that you report as a healthcare visit and resolved. Now, if you end up in the ICU for a week and develop complications from it, it could have consequences for your medical.

But first of all, don't let aeromedical concerns get in the way of getting medical attention. Get well.

But first of all, don't let aeromedical concerns get in the way of getting medical attention. Get well.

I'll second this....especially pneumonia. Many years ago I had a cough, and was never one to run to the doc. Just tough it out. Let it get so bad that I landed in the hospital with pneumonia...bad experience. Now I'm not shy about going to the doc early with things like that....get a round of antibiotics and steroids if appropriate, knock it out, don't let it get to be a problem.

I had pneumonia years ago. Spent a week in the hospital, but not in ICU. Treating doctor said I had no lasting damage and no restrictions. Reported it on my next medical application, and was not even questioned about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back