PMA 7000 Experience?

Grum.Man

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Grum.Man
I am tired of fighting the intercom in my airplane. It currently has a KMA 20 audio panel and a flightcom 403 intercom. When solo with my Halo headset it works pretty well with the occasional static. When I have a passenger using an older over ear headset I am constantly battling the squelch and volume to make both of us happy.

Does anyone have any experience with the PMA 7000 audio panel with intercom? Is there anything better for about the same money for a certified aircraft?

This model is getting lots of positive press, and is a nice simple step up from the PMA7000

http://www.ps-engineering.com/PMA450.shtml

The charging port is a very nice addition. Our club recently installed a permanent USB charging port in the bonanza. This panel having it will save you at least $500-600 for that function.

This model is getting lots of positive press, and is a nice simple step up from the PMA7000

http://www.ps-engineering.com/PMA450.shtml

The charging port is a very nice addition. Our club recently installed a permanent USB charging port in the bonanza. This panel having it will save you at least $500-600 for that function.

That does look nice, however it's twice as much as the 7000 and perhaps more than I need in a 2 place Grumman.

I can't specifically say about the 7000, but I have an 8000BT in my airplane and love it. I think the 8000 has a couple extra features over the 7000 but is basically the same unit except with a connector arrangement like the KMA-24 where as the 8000 connector is like the Garmin 340. Mine bluetooths to my iPhone which is nice. I can play music from my phone through the system and also make phone calls while I'm on the ground or very low altitude. My avionics guy recommended it over the Garmin and I'm so glad he did. I don't think I've ever heard anyone badmouth the PS panels but I've heard too many complaints about the Garmin 340.

I can't specifically say about the 7000, but I have an 8000BT in my airplane and love it. I think the 8000 has a couple extra features over the 7000 but is basically the same unit except with a connector arrangement like the KMA-24 where as the 8000 connector is like the Garmin 340. Mine bluetooths to my iPhone which is nice. I can play music from my phone through the system and also make phone calls while I'm on the ground or very low altitude. My avionics guy recommended it over the Garmin and I'm so glad he did. I don't think I've ever heard anyone badmouth the PS panels but I've heard too many complaints about the Garmin 340.

I think the blue tooth is the only difference between the 8000 and 7000. The 7000 has a port to plug a phone into. I just don't think the Garmin's are worth the premium.

We love our 8000B. Music/phone through cord...used very little but nice to have when you need it. I like the isolate func that allows the wife and kids to sleep while I listen to all of the chatter on 122.75 & .85/wx/flight following. No problems in 3 yrs. Great customer service.

Cant speak to the 7000 but I have the 6000m in my aircraft and it is superb.

I've had a PMA7000CD in my plane for 10 years now and haven't had any issues. It's a great audio panel.

I think the blue tooth is the only difference between the 8000 and 7000. The 7000 has a port to plug a phone into. I just don't think the Garmin's are worth the premium.

PMA7000 - edge card contacts which are virtually obsolete.

PMA8000 - Sub D contacts just like all Garmin connectors.

Back