Plexiglass windshield cleaning

Fabio

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Fabio
Hello
Is there a product that it’s effective and easy to apply to your plexiglass windshield to remove swirls that you can see when the sun shine through it?
Thanks for the help

Depending on the severity of the scratching, there are a variety of kits to recondition acrylic windshields. Some are polishes, others involve micromesh sandpaper. The polishes are easier to use and less prone to user error.

Start with Plexus. And don't EVER use paper towels on a plastic windsheld! Soft cloth only.

Turtlewax works well to mask fine scratches as well. I use Novus 1 plastic cleaner now. With a microfiber cloth. Just say no to paper towels.

210 is a cleaner anti fog polish, used in the marine industry. They also make a plastic restorer for swirling.

I just did a very clouded, crazed door window on my Cherokee with Micro-Mesh MFR Model# 3KKR70.

Worked great, but you must follow the instructions exactly. My window was very cloudy so I started with 220 grit followed by 400 grit as the instructions recommended (you have to buy them separately). It takes some guts to sand the window with coarser grit to start, but essential to the end result. Took about 3 hours.

I can’t post the progress pictures, but will send to anyone interested by email.

Back