Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
Because I think he needs help.

white?

IMG_3482.jpeg

or black
IMG_3483.jpeg

also, WHO THE HE LL WEARS WHITE GYM TUBE SOCKS FROM THE 70’s WITH BLACK DRESS PANTS??!!??!!??

I voted white because he appeared to be at home.

White at home, regardless of the pants or shoes
Softer
Thicker
More comfortable
More absorbent
I have two weeks worth in the drawer, never run out

Black when going out, with black shoes, and most pants
Style is somewhat important
Makes wife happy, and we all know what goes with "Happy Wife"
They are thinner, and my dress shoes are tighter than casual shoes
I avoid wearing them at home because I have not bought any this century, and do not plan to.

Brown with my brown shoes and brown pants
Like my black dress shoes, the brown ones are smaller, the brown socks are thinner.

When I’m home I wear whatever the hell I want to wear. And I’m damn glad I don’t have some whippersnapper kid telling me they don’t like it.
Now
Get off my lawn.

Attachments

• 15D9EBC1-0CEE-4183-BCE4-D70A774DEA74.jpeg
    15D9EBC1-0CEE-4183-BCE4-D70A774DEA74.jpeg
    320.4 KB · Views: 31
Our dad is the reason I don't bring girlfriends home anymore. Oh, well, there is uh, another reason for that too.

I gotta say kiltie or tassels, but not both, that's just ridiculous. :)

white socks on the boat of a person you do not like (especially with those black soles), or when wearing blue jeans, otherwise black.

When I’m home I wear whatever the hell I want to wear. And I’m damn glad I don’t have some whippersnapper kid telling me they don’t like it.
Now
Get off my lawn.

Socks with sandals... Clearly, your heresy knows no bounds.

Family happiness often revolves around learning to accept compromise. When looked at from that standpoint, the answer becomes obvious: one white, one black.

Cargo Shorts, white socks and New Balance - duh

Softer
Thicker
More comfortable
More absorbent

I avoid wearing them at home because I have not bought any this century, and do not plan to.

Like my black dress shoes, the brown ones are smaller, the brown socks are thinner.

You know they make black athletic socks that are just as thick or thicker absorbent comfy etc than white socks, yes?

This thread reminds me of my father. He wrestled with dementia the last ~5 years of his life. While getting dressed, he was either pushing fashion boundaries or forgetting what he had already put on. Here he's sporting two pairs of shorts over slacks and a long sleeve shirt under a short one :) He avoided the black vs white socks debate by going sockless.

upload_2023-5-12_7-49-41.png

You make the choice an either-or one.
That is not correct.
A couple of choices, with the given options, still exist.
Both - One white, one black (this is a double choice, as you can do left white, right black or vice-versa)
Neither

See how this is not a true binary choices?

Lest I get accused of not participating in the spirit of the thread, I'll vote for all of the options (including the ones I just added).

In the morning, when waking up, no socks
First attempt, put on a white / black combo
Realize that is wrong, reverse the socks
Still realize it is wrong, put on the white socks
Think that the black may look better, put those on

Maybe I'm over thinking this question.

Need option three, let him dress however he wants to dress. There was a long period where colored socks were only for suits, white was it. Probably from the 80s into the 90s. Then having any sock show was a fopar after that. Not sure when as I generally don't GAF about these things.

Softer
Thicker
More comfortable
More absorbent

Clearly you need some black athletic socks. You'll be amazed at the technology that exists in this century.

One of each?
My daughter used to have that style... when she was TEN (she's 39 now). She even appeared on stage at Wolf Trap with one of each (albeit with a skirt).

Don’t fight it. Buy him some cool socks of whatever color. Planes, SpongeBob, cars, whatever. You can even custom order socks printed with peoples faces, dogs, cats, whatever. Get mad if you get him socks with your face and he doesn’t wear ‘em - one it’s a gift, two it’s your face - “don’t you love me dad?”.

It’s never black or white, high-wing/low wing, etc.

I do not wear shoes in the house. Wait, didn't we have this thread a few years ago?

I wear thick, fuzzy socks with gripper pads on the soles...

I do not wear shoes in the house. Wait, didn't we have this thread a few years ago?

I wear thick, fuzzy socks with gripper pads on the soles...

Oofos, I wear Oofos slippers in the house ever since the podiatrist told me I should never walk barefoot again. Life changing.

That’s better, Dad!

dba8848db300446ea7e9dd7a05149230.jpg

I’ma big believer a child shouldn’t have much input in what a parent does, says, or thinks.
Also being inclined to be slightly rebellious today, I chose white.

Slaps, fire yo, no caps

Wear boots, sock colors and matches become non item.

and with pasty white legs, don't wear shorts. edit: that is, wear long pants.

Does this only apply to men, or do I have to stop wearing shorts, too? My legs have the ability to be two colors - white or red. It's rather painful when they are red, so I try to avoid that color, but I get way too hot if I wear long pants in the summer here. Please advise. :D

Short skirt, SkyChaser! Same danger from the sun, but better overall ventilation and coolness.

White legs do look better than red ones. :)

Back