Please help with FAA medical

Thank you for your service. I'm a veteran as well. My alcohol and drug rehab stated I had PTSD--among other issues--and I got through the whole process. It took 1.5 years and $8,000 from start to finish. I was very patient...did what they said, trusted the process and I was issued my SI last week! Good luck to you. If flying is something you really want to do, don't let anything or any amount of money stop you! 8k was a very small price to pay to be able to fly. Pursue your passion no matter what man! I'm also being extensively monitored for the next 5 years....don't care!!

Let the flying begin!~
And, as the local Catholic Priest here sez, "stay connected near the center of the flock lest the wolf bite you in the arse...."

Last edited:
Congrats Jeremy. So it looks at the end once again and i'm lost. I completed the neuropsyche core test etc and submitted it. I just received another denial letter stating you do not meet the requirements due to PTSD and TBI, but with no specific explanation to where my neurological impairment is that effects my flying.

I contacted my house representative and opened a case.

Again it says I can appeal it to the federal air surgeon. But I can't even imagine what to say at this point. Pretty please with a cherry on top consider changing your mind for no reason? They have everything they requested.

Once again beyond frustrated, as this not only stop my PPL but my tandem skydiving instructor license, and HALO jumping.

What the hell is left to do at this point? Type another short story on how I can operate just fine and beg some more? I've been fighting this for over a year now as well....

How much time passed between the neuro test and the denial letter? Find out from the neuro-psychologist what score you got and see if you met that requirement. The test might indicate certain things that make them hesitant. Call him and speak to him to see if he recommended you or not. Ask nicely to see the report that he sent to the FAA. More than likely your case would be reviewed longer if the doctor recommended you. Also...you are being judged by your reactions. Everything is a test from here on out. Try to think positive thoughts and be prepared mentally for the worst. I questioned the process everyday. I had no choice but to trust the process and have faith that no matter what, I was gonna be ok. What is supposed to happen with your case will happen. And there's not much you can control other than showing up and doing what they say. Appeal it, and see what happens. Worst case...get a second opinion. Hang in there.

How much time passed between the neuro test and the denial letter? Find out from the neuro-psychologist what score you got and see if you met that requirement. The test might indicate certain things that make them hesitant. Call him and speak to him to see if he recommended you or not. Ask nicely to see the report that he sent to the FAA. More than likely your case would be reviewed longer if the doctor recommended you. Also...you are being judged by your reactions. Everything is a test from here on out. Try to think positive thoughts and be prepared mentally for the worst. I questioned the process everyday. I had no choice but to trust the process and have faith that no matter what, I was gonna be ok. What is supposed to happen with your case will happen. And there's not much you can control other than showing up and doing what they say. Appeal it, and see what happens. Worst case...get a second opinion. Hang in there.

I submitted my results a few months ago. They reviewed it over that time and denied my a little while ago. I got the test results, and for the most part I scored average or superior. Here are some notes that are not average or above
Disregard. Starting a new thread with some specific questions

I would ask Dr. Chien. He would be the best to answer these questions. Do you get disability from the military because of the TBI? If not, it may show them ur brain is functioning above average. If so, it might be hard to build a case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back