Please help me buy a tablet

Being the anti-fan of subscriptions of all types and completely distrustful of relying upon others to maintain my critical data, I purchased a full version of Office and retain my documents locally. Sure, it seems expensive at first, but after a couple years of subscription, the price is a wash.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/office-home--student-2019/CFQ7TTC0K7C8
Home and Student doesn't include Access.

I also purchase full copies, NO subscriptions, memory is CHEAP.

and owning my own documents (not hostage) ...is priceless!
I just finished a chat with a MS sales agent. They claim the files can be stored locally as well as in the cloud and can be done simultaneously. That seems to settle it for me.

There is another confusing thing—OneNote. There's a OneNote for Windows 10 (bundled with it), but it doesn't have all the rich features of OneNote 2016. They were going to discontinue OneNote 2016, but changed their minds after a lot of protests. This month they're supposed include OneNote in Office 365 downloads and in Office 2019 and OneNote 2016 is a free download from the MS Store anyway. Kind of hard to keep all the versions and course reversals straight. I really liked OneNote 2007...

Home and Student doesn't include Access.

I just finished a chat with a MS sales agent. They claim the files can be stored locally as well as in the cloud and can be done simultaneously. That seems to settle it for me.

Then seventy bones a year it is, I guess. :)

Yes, Office 365 will allow local storage as well as, what I assume is its biggest selling point, the ability to store in the "cloud" and share across all of your devices. Device sharing and MS Access were of zero importance to me (whereas having full offline access to everything I have created is important) so the one-time fee (which has already paid for itself two times over as compared to $70/year) was my best option.

Back