Please help Boulder Airport (Colorado - KBDU)

G-Man

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
AirmanG
The City of Boulder (Colorado) has opened a public poll concerning potential futures for Boulder Municipal Airport: It asks if people think the airport should be developed for residential property.

The airport, KBDU, is an untowered airport and active gliderport within city limits. Airnav: https://www.airnav.com/airport/KBDU

This seems an attempt to gauge public support for the airport, or lack of it - without vociferous support from the pro-aviation community, bad things could start to happen soon.

https://www.beheardboulder.org/airport-community-conversation

Please help. If you've had anything to do with Boulder's airport, please complete this poll with a pro-aviation attitude, and share this with everyone you can think of who would help. The poll closes May 4.

Thank you.

The survey is definitely very subjective and targeted against the airport.Pretty much unable to answer anything that promotes the airport.

Taking cues from Chicago, Meigs field. Basically why keep that for the ‘wealthy’ airplane owners.

Put a positive spin on the open comment fields. Say you're looking forward to using the space for aviation and aviation training, and that the city should look to lower costs in order to get more people involved in aviation careers. Also click the boxes for middle income home owner in the area.

I filled out the questionaire as a person living "Outside Boulder County."
From the questions and choices offered in the questionaire, I think Boulder Airport is DOOMED.

Why do they care what gender I was "assigned" at birth?
Why do they care about what gender I identify as?

KBDU will be closed under cover of "sustainibility", "inclusiveness", "diversity of housing choices", and what ever rationalization they can give for turning over prime, public real estate to friends, family, and cohorts.

The only hope is if they have taken FAA funds.

I tried to submit a pro-aviation questionnaire, but the "values rank" question was non-optional and I had no zero option. And I would zero all 13 of those. puke.

It was possible to answer the questions with a view to keeping the airport open. There was a free-form question also to describe bdu's reliever airport status and why that was amazeballs.

Why do they care what gender I was "assigned" at birth?
Why do they care about what gender I identify as?

It is extremely common to gather demographic data when doing public surveys. Surprised you haven't seen that before.

This was by far the most important demographic information to collect when considering the future of an airport.
It's impossible to make rational, objective decisions about the future of a community airport without understanding the composition of opinions based on gender identity.

upload_2023-4-18_11-38-7.png
In all seriousness, shared with a friend who lives outside Boulder and asked him to fill it out :)

Remember when the largest air evacuation since Katrina took place at the Boulder airport after massive flooding happened just west of Boulder? I guess they forgot...
152338432.AV50663r.jpg

Remember when the largest air evacuation since Katrina took place at the Boulder airport after massive flooding happened just west of Boulder? I guess they forgot...
View attachment 116670

Yes. Very likely.
I did answer the survey. But probably not how they wanted. I answered the airport is great for those who want to fly in and visit the town. Without such an airport, we would not have visited boulder.

Tim

Just out of curiosity I went to look at the airfields website and hot dog but the local govt sure is promoting filing noise complaints. The noise abatement areas made me think I was looking at a PDF for a California airfield. They really really don't want airplanes there, like at all ... very discouraging reading. Filled out the questionnaire, I hope it helps. I was planning on going there later this year to visit my uncle, he lives on the north side of Denver. apparently I'll nee to be on my A game for approach.

Thanks for posting this!

fight the (anti GA) power!

Boulder has had noise abatement rules for many years.

I filled it out, @G-Man . I'm not saying I had to fib a little, but I had to fib a little.

Besides the obvious question of Boulder airlift evacuation, is the quickly approaching integration of EVTOLs. I would think GA airports would be the ready made solution to the migration from spoke & hub to the point-to-point system.

Back