Please don't get touchy with this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
I heard this morning that an ex-boyfriend contradicted a recent media stars' statements. In her story she was afraid of flying but in his story he says they flew together in planes "including in small propeller airplanes."

It kind of upset me that he called prop planes out as particularly scary.

easy peasy, fly 2 engines:D

Reactions: Ted
I heard this morning that an ex-boyfriend contradicted a recent media stars' statements. In her story she was afraid of flying but in his story he says they flew together in planes "including in small propeller airplanes."

Single-engine prop planes certainly are scarier to the general population than a commercial airliner, and even more so to those freaked out by flying. That's not irrational either, given the statistics. I don't know why this upset you.

Blasey Ford’s anonymous ex boyfriend.
He isn't anonymous.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just read where he was named this afternoon. Prior to that he was reported as being anonymous and his name was redacted from his sworn statement that was released.
His name was only redacted in the letter released to the press. Anonymous implies that he made the allegations without revealing his name. So unknown is/was probably more accurate than anonymous. Probably doesn't matter.

A lady once went flying me who was prone to air sickness. It sure does test your concentration when you're maneuvering for landing and the person on your right is using the air sickness bag! Why she went flying with me, I'll never figure out.

Not reporting, but no reason this shouldn’t be locked.

Sincerely, your resident Libtard

Where in his statement did it say propeller driven aircraft were "particularly scary"?

He was correctly pointing out that if a person is afraid to fly on an airliner, it almost goes without saying that person would be much more uneasy in a small propeller driven aircraft.

Not every GA related mention in the nonflying world is a slight to its participants, but some people seem to think so.

The thread will remain locked. The MC is aware that the intent of this thread was political.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back