Please delete. Problem solved

IMG_2967.JPG IMG_2968.JPG

So anyway, um, here's a sirloin roast. I dry rubbed it with some dry rub and let it sit for a few hours first. Not my very favorite cut for roasting but it came out pretty well.

IMG_2970.JPG

Here we go, I didn't eat much in the way of dinner last night, so I earned this...

I did, and boy did they jack me up. I can do this once in a while, but not often.

IMG_3003.JPG
Breakfast burrito, with egg, bacon and cheese. Dimensions are approximately 10" long x 3" dia. It is quite substantial. Not shown are the chips and salsa. Chips and salsa are free.

Okay, I wanted to see what the hype was about. Five Guys.IMG_3085.JPG

Do you see a burger patty in there? There is one but you have to look really hard. Nearly seven bucks a pop. For a single. Tiny little burger.

Overpriced, underwhelming.

Oh yeah, and they forgot to put the mayo and mustard on. I found a couple tubs of mayo in the bag, plus packets of ketchup. I'm not sure why they put packets of ketchup in the bag.

Triple Whopper with Cheese. I posted the pic in the burger thread.

This'll do.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 30
Nice steak, I here's a picture of one I ate as well. Put some salad on the plate too, you know..cuz greens=good.

Attachments

• steak.jpg
    steak.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 35
crabssss....

Attachments

• crabs.jpg
    crabs.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 23
Heard on the radio today a local "reservations only" type of restaurant has 21-day aged steaks. Huh, what? I hear meat goes bad after a period of time. How does one "age" a steak and safely eat it? Learn me please.

Heard on the radio today a local "reservations only" type of restaurant has 21-day aged steaks. Huh, what? I hear meat goes bad after a period of time. How does one "age" a steak and safely eat it? Learn me please.
For a steak that old, start with a full primal like an untrimmed standing rib roast, chuck it in the fridge covered with cheese cloth, on a wire rack. Pull any dirty dressing materials out for the first couple days. After 21 days, cut off the outer 1/2 inch or so, mold and what not. Slice into steaks. Grill. Enjoy. Doesn't go bad since it is a whole cut, just some enzymes working away.

For a steak that old, start with a full primal like an untrimmed standing rib roast, chuck it in the fridge covered with cheese cloth, on a wire rack. Pull any dirty dressing materials out for the first couple days. After 21 days, cut off the outer 1/2 inch or so, mold and what not. Slice into steaks. Grill. Enjoy. Doesn't go bad since it is a whole cut, just some enzymes working away.
Or just hang the quarters. The refrigeration isn't required.

Wow... I knew Ohio had a lot of corn, but didn't know you guys ate EXCLUSIVE corn!

Just kidding with you - I didn't know what it was until I was 22, and I moved to another country. Nowadays it's just: "The stuff you get at Whole Foods".

It truly is a lot better when it's aged. BUT, it's about twice the price.

It allows the steak to dry out, a lot of the internal moisture evaporates off and you're left with a steak that has a much stronger, more concentrated natural flavor. This is how the best steaks are prepared.

Vegetarian "UnWich"

Surprisingly not bad.
Not so surprisingly, I'm still hungry.

20161202_130257-800x450.jpg

Looks like somebody forgot to put in something.

Chicken 65, Chicken Tandori, Chicken Tikki Masala, and other chickens.
And ooooooh the Spicy Pickle. I could eat that stuff w/ a spoon.
c65.jpg

7ee9be010d6e18383f42e7d35dc08678.jpg

54138295858__BB7F0043-0AA1-4380-A7AD-602161E3A0AA.JPG.jpeg
Warm Brownie ala mode at Jack Stack's in KC. Should've come with a small group to help eat it...

Back