• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IK04

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
LNXGUY
I know it is not fair to pick only one and there should be a "4. All of the above," but try real hard to vote your best choice. I know it's torture!

Take the Poll!

IMG_0303.jpg

Last edited:
I like bacon. Other pork products make my stomach a little iffy.
I am not sure I really love bacon though. I like the way it makes my house smell on Christmas morning the one day a year we make it.

I like a BLT though.
But yea so if I have to pick, Bacon.

I like bacon. Other pork products make my stomach a little iffy.
I am not sure I really love bacon though. I like the way it makes my house smell on Christmas morning the one day a year we make it.

I like a BLT though.
But yea so if I have to pick, Bacon.

Christmas morning BLT. Yum!!

Just to be clear, "backstrap" is also called loin and is the part of section from where we get babyback ribs, right?

Isn’t pork belly unbaconized bacon?

There are other ways to prepare a pork belly than to brine/smoke/fry it.

Reeeeibs is my favorite.

I did finally figure out a bullet proof way of oven cooking them however:

1. Place to racks/half racks side by side in a turkey roaster so they touch at the top but there is otherwise air all around. I used my Weber coal holders to keep them upright.

2. Cook covered 250 degrees for 5-6 hours. Sear for 15 minutes uncovered. Or, not. Doesn't make much of a difference.

I am pretty happy with that method. The ribs don't render in their own fat, and they come clean off the bone and are super tender.

Pig, hold the snout and feet please.

Kinda hard to choose. Back ribs, spare ribs, shoulders/butts, roasts, loins, bacon, belly...

Out of that list, bacon. But dang man, there are other pig parts that are just as tasty. Why hold out?

Reeeeibs is my favorite.
I start mine two days ahead of time. Pull the membrane from the inside, put the rub on and stick 'em in the fridge. Then onto cookie sheets, add a couple shots of bourbon and cover tightly with foil. Into the oven at 200 for 8 hours or so. Use the long BBQ tongs to transfer to the grill to finish them off with a nice sear. Brush with BBQ sauce for the last couple minutes. Perfect, every time. The only problem is that restaurant ribs now always fall short.

You can take the boy outta Texas, but it's still beef on the table....

Back