Planes in trouble make for good TV

Unfortunately (?) most of the time I am not glued to the TV all day, I am working, so I miss most of this excellent and accurate "reporting". But my co-workers know I'm a pilot so there's plenty of water-cooler chitchat the next day.

I think we should all call the local controllers/airport and see if we can arrange something with them to create a landing gear "emergency" with all of us that fly fixed gear craft. Get a coupe hundred of us to do it all on April Fool's day. Perhaps that would "teach" the news not to be so stupid, since all of them would be fighting to get "their" emergency on national news. We could circle for a couple hours above our class C airports burning off fuel since we don't want to land with full tanks in case we explode on impact with our "faulty landing gear".

Whaddya say?

N2212R said:
I think we should all call the local controllers/airport and see if we can arrange something with them to create a landing gear "emergency" with all of us that fly fixed gear craft. Get a coupe hundred of us to do it all on April Fool's day. Perhaps that would "teach" the news not to be so stupid, since all of them would be fighting to get "their" emergency on national news. We could circle for a couple hours above our class C airports burning off fuel since we don't want to land with full tanks in case we explode on impact with our "faulty landing gear".

Whaddya say?
:rofl: ROTFL! I LOVE IT!

I'm the ONLY ONE on board who is conscious, I have no oxygen, I'm down to ONE ENGINE and I can only maintain 120 KNOTS!

mikea said:

I'm the ONLY ONE on board who is conscious, I have no oxygen, I'm down to ONE ENGINE and I can only maintain 120 KNOTS!

I'm flying a 172 and I'd love to get UP to 120 kts in level flight. :D

A friend when we lived in California was one of the owners of a local TV station. He had absolutely no respect for the "newsies" as he called them at his station. Needless to say, his background was in the engineering side of the house.

mikea said:

That sounds like the spin happening over on the red board. Pretty funny though.

Back