Planeless

Thanks - a bit far of a drive from No. AL...

For anyone interested, looking for a partnership ASEL.

3 months...?
Just got Romeo back from... The paint shop.
Dropped off on a Saturday morning, was mostly done being striped, by that Tues!
Was supposed to be a 6-8 week job, but replacing a fuel bladder took 3 weeks... Had to wait for warm Enuf weather to install it... Central FL in the winter...
Be prepared for the surprises. Mine was having to replace the top skins on both flaps... Too many edge cracks...
All done & looking super great!

I'm on week 40 now. Eventually, most of the symptoms fade into intermittency. You watch the planes flying over and think "That would be awesome", or feel a mostly controllable urge to turn at every airport sign when driving. You may also experience momentary feelings of loss on beautiful flying days and retain a tendency to check the forecast more often than necessary. The remaining symptoms, such as excessive time spent reading aviation-related content or gawking at airplane photos, are chronic and untreatable.

Writing that made me realize that if I hadn't gotten married during those last 40 weeks, I'd be really miserable right now. :p :cool:

I'm on week 40 now. Eventually, most of the symptoms fade into intermittency. You watch the planes flying over and think "That would be awesome", or feel a mostly controllable urge to turn at every airport sign when driving. You may also experience momentary feelings of loss on beautiful flying days and retain a tendency to check the forecast more often than necessary. The remaining symptoms, such as excessive time spent reading aviation-related content or gawking at airplane photos, are chronic and untreatable.

Writing that made me realize that if I hadn't gotten married during those last 40 weeks, I'd be really miserable right now. :p :cool:
Ouch, why so long?

Ouch, why so long?

Long story. LOL I'd been living with my family for the last couple of years, and right after my checkride, they moved from Minnesota to Texas. I moved with them for a lot of reasons, the biggest one being I didn't want to lock myself into a 6 month lease beginning end of June and the second being apartments are crazy expensive that time of year in the college town we were in. Anyway, I wasn't able to find a job in Texas so I couldn't really afford to fly, and then I was planning the wedding and another cross country move and didn't have time or energy to keep looking for a temp job so I could do some flying. Then I moved/got married. Now we're pretty settled in and rested a little bit from the last (insane) six months, but with gas prices the way they are, and me not having a job at the moment, I guess you called us "priced out". :( One of these days, though, I'll get back flying and finally take my first pax for a ride. I'm looking forward to that! :)

P.S. Sorry, @Mtns2Skies , for slightly hijacking your thread!

Long story. LOL I'd been living with my family for the last couple of years, and right after my checkride, they moved from Minnesota to Texas. I moved with them for a lot of reasons, the biggest one being I didn't want to lock myself into a 6 month lease beginning end of June and the second being apartments are crazy expensive that time of year in the college town we were in. Anyway, I wasn't able to find a job in Texas so I couldn't really afford to fly, and then I was planning the wedding and another cross country move and didn't have time or energy to keep looking for a temp job so I could do some flying. Then I moved/got married. Now we're pretty settled in and rested a little bit from the last (insane) six months, but with gas prices the way they are, and me not having a job at the moment, I guess you called us "priced out". :( One of these days, though, I'll get back flying and finally take my first pax for a ride. I'm looking forward to that! :)

Sounds like @2-Bit Speed needs a second job.

You two come visit soon and we’ll go flying! :)

BTW - your aunt-in-law tells me her school might be hiring.

Sounds like @2-Bit Speed needs a second job.

Right at this moment, I'd much rather get to spend more time with him than have him work enough so we could go flying. LOL He is working on getting another income stream coming, though, because he's awesome like that, so things may change for the better flying-wise in the not too distant future. :cool:

You two come visit soon and we’ll go flying! :)

I am worried that if we plan on coming down, there'll either be weeks of low clouds or something on the plane will break. I'm really good at cancelling flights. :p

Kids today got no patience. I have been planeless for 60years and still waitin'

Right at this moment, I'd much rather get to spend more time with him than have him work enough so we could go flying. LOL He is working on getting another income stream coming, though, because he's awesome like that, so things may change for the better flying-wise in the not too distant future. :cool:

Now I gotta go down memory lane. Been married 22 years. The first year of our marriage she worked days and I worked 2nd shift. We basically saw each other Saturdays and Sundays. I eventually got on a day shift and we saw each other more. Funny, she's seemed unhappy ever since. :eek: :D

I eventually got on a day shift and we saw each other more. Funny, she's seemed unhappy ever since. :eek: :D

I know you say that like a joke, but I'm in a marriage that is absolutely better spending some time apart. I used to travel a lot on business, made the time home that much sweeter. We regularly spend time apart for days or weeks at a time and it absolutely works for us. I read once that Paul McCartney and Linda only spent one or two nights apart in their entire marriage, like they were bragging. I mean, everyone should do what works for them, but for us, we're very happy keeping things casual and being able to be apart or together as the winds blow.

I am not interested in the whole "not seeing each other" or being apart for days or weeks at a time. We spent long enough that way when we were dating and engaged, and though I try my hardest not to be expensive, I have no qualms about wanting and needing him around now. :)

Yep! Wives are an expensive hobby! :D

More like a lifestyle than a hobby.

Before I got married, I thought that car racing was an expensive hobby. The race car is happy with a garage and a new set of tires. Wives want houses and children. :mad:

I really don't follow PoA. I didn't know there was a 2nd PoA marriage that happened.

I get to deliver my aircraft back to where its spend the last month so they can fix the radios they bolluxed. It's OK, I really can't afford to fly anywhere right now anyway.

After 4 weeks grounded, I got desperate. I got stupid. I flew a high wing.

IMG_20220309_124835705_HDR.jpg

Got checked out in that peach today. Going to take a couple more hours to get comfortable in it. I was surprisingly rusty. 4 weeks is the longest I've gone since I got my ticket.

I miss Pipers.

I guess that’s how you missed your invitation. There’s still time to send the happy couple a gift, though. I believe the only item left from the registry is a Bristel LSA.

Ha. Heck, I didn't even know Salty crashed until I saw he got a Lance.

My eyes hurt! :)
Trust me, it looks worse in person. It was painted by the club members in the 80's. With a brush. Somebody scraped ice off the wings, and took about half the paint with it.

It's got wings and a motor though...

Last edited:
Nauga has been slacking.

Week 7: I've gotten to despair and resignation. What's the point? We're all just dust in the wind... or maybe in my case a fart in the wind.

@nauga : Everything was fine until the grid was shut down by planeless here.
@Mtns2Skies : They caused an explosion!
@Ted : Is this true?
@GeorgeC : Yes sir, it’s true. This man has no plane.

Nauga,
who says, "Wait for the sign. Then our prisoners will be released!"

Last edited:
Back