plane rental las vegas

fromfiji

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
fromfiji
I bought a share of a Comanche in Las Vegas. This was for my son to train on. It was a very good plan even with very high insurance. He was flying well with 12.5 hours and already landing. One of the other members then did a wheel up landing and plane will be out of service for 3 to 4 months.
That is too long and I now need a plane rental. I have looked at all rentals but hope someone could recommend any way to rent a similar plane here at a reasonable rate. Please understand this is my first post and excuse my ignorance. Thank you.

Your ignorance will make you fit very well in here. Welcome, someone should be able to help you soon.

I bought a share of a Comanche in Las Vegas. This was for my son to train on. It was a very good plan even with very high insurance. He was flying well with 12.5 hours and already landing. One of the other members then did a wheel up landing and plane will be out of service for 3 to 4 months.
That is too long and I now need a plane rental. I have looked at all rentals but hope someone could recommend any way to rent a similar plane here at a reasonable rate. Please understand this is my first post and excuse my ignorance. Thank you.
Just a thought--depending on how much he is flying, in 3-4 months he could knock out his private. You may want to consider searching for a generic trainer such as a Cessna 172, and then transition back to the Commanche once initial training is complete. I'm not suggesting this to save money, but for increased availability since just about every one who has a flight school has a 172 on the line. Further, rental operations that have a complex aircraft may be unwilling to rent it to a solo student pilot.

FBO/Flight school at North Las Vegas airport had rentals and check-outs there when I inquired on a recent visit there.

When I lived in Vegas in 2008-2009, I took lessons at West Air at VGT. No complaints.

WestAir isn't bad... Emprise is renting a DA40 for 125/hr dry. Just saw that comanche the other day with my CFI, he's thinking it's totaled

Is that the Comanche I saw at VGT with bent props? Ouch.

I rent with West Air, all Cessna’s. Best plane is their C-172R for IFR work. Love the T-41B and C-182RG.
The RG needs new Nav radios.

I recently checked out in the Emprise Air DA-40, nice plane.

Is that the Comanche I saw at VGT with bent props? Ouch.

I rent with West Air, all Cessna’s. Best plane is their C-172R for IFR work. Love the T-41B and C-182RG.
The RG needs new Nav radios.

I recently checked out in the Emprise Air DA-40, nice plane.
Yeah, that comanche is looking pretty sad.Been spending more time out at VGT lately.. Been prepping to start the instrument, and bumming rides in the CFI's 414

Back