Plane Prices

FFS
I felt bad Selling my Grumman for $65k I should have asked twice as much.

Prices on 182 are so out of whack that Lance, Cherokee 6, and even A36 are looking compelling. There's stupid and then there's this.

I have a Part 21 replica of Diana Prince / Princess Diana of Themyscira / Wonder Woman's Invisible Airplane for sale, a bargain at $65,000.

____Image 1 -- Front Left 3 / 4 view ____ ____ Image 2 -- Rear Right 3 / 4 view ____ ____ Image 3 -- Interior and Panel ____

Calls Preferred, contact: Joe Isuzu, c/o Emperor Clothing Company, Singapore Michigan, (269) 555-1234

That’s inflation of the GS scale, if you are an idiot in government you’ll also see a step increase, but you should also be looking at a grade increase.
Hmmm, I’ve worked for the government for quite a long time… never been on the GS scale. So I guess I’m not an idiot then?

These higher prices are indeed giving heart burn. The plane that fits my intended mission is the 182 - which has risen in price 50% or more in the past year. If it keeps going up it will be out of reach in 2 years (my target date for getting a plane). Of course, the market is tanking and what I was stuffing away to pay for the plane is shrinking as fast as plane prices are rising LOL.

So should I revisit looking at something like an Archer? Hard trade off - as it will be harder for wife to get into, carry less, etc. Worth it to spend a few hundred to get checked out in a rental Archer to see if I can make peace with it? Or just decide to spend the retirement money on a 182 and tell the kids they get to support my wife and me when we hit 75. We'll come to their house for Thanksgiving one year and never leave LOL.

These higher prices are indeed giving heart burn. The plane that fits my intended mission is the 182 - which has risen in price 50% or more in the past year. If it keeps going up it will be out of reach in 2 years (my target date for getting a plane). Of course, the market is tanking and what I was stuffing away to pay for the plane is shrinking as fast as plane prices are rising LOL.

So should I revisit looking at something like an Archer? Hard trade off - as it will be harder for wife to get into, carry less, etc. Worth it to spend a few hundred to get checked out in a rental Archer to see if I can make peace with it? Or just decide to spend the retirement money on a 182 and tell the kids they get to support my wife and me when we hit 75. We'll come to their house for Thanksgiving one year and never leave LOL.

182's up 50%? Where are those at? I'm seeing more like prices have doubled since October 2020!! Crazy town

182's up 50%? Where are those at? I'm seeing more like prices have doubled since October 2020!! Crazy town

I'm with you - 50% may be an underestimate on my part. The extra insurance and maintenance cost for a twin is now probably break even with the cost of owning a well used 182 LOL!

For what it's worth, Archer prices have doubled last year in the Aircraft Blue Book. At least that's what my county tax assessor told me when I asked why my plane's assessment jumped up so much for 2022.

Back