Plane ID help requested

G-Man

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
AirmanG
Hi All, My friend thinks this might be his grandfather piloting this airplane. Anyone know what kind of plane it is?
(Anyone else expect Pilawt has the factory brochure for it?)
Thank you!

39027555_10210238909008026_1185677472121749504_o.jpg

Why is the tail coming back to a Sopwith?

Hmmm, nearly four minutes for an answer... Well, it is the weekend!
Thanks, Pilawt and SkyDog58!

A friend just reminded me ... there is an Alexander Eaglerock on display in the terminal at Denver. This one has a smaller, lighter engine, so it's mounted further forward than the J-5 in the OP.

Note the logo on the tail. There's an eagle ... and a rock. o_O

And if you look carefully at the OP's photo, you can see the name "EAGLEROCK" in big block letters on the underside of the fuselage, kinda like what Emirates does with their airplanes these days.

image1.JPG

A friend just reminded me ... there is an Alexander Eaglerock on display in the terminal at Denver. This one has a smaller, lighter engine, so it's mounted further forward than the J-5 in the OP.

Note the logo on the tail. There's an eagle ... and a rock. o_O

And if you look carefully at the OP's photo, you can see the name "EAGLEROCK" in big block letters on the underside of the fuselage, kinda like what Emirates does with their airplanes these days.

View attachment 66194

That's just a pretty plane.

I don't see a tail wheel in the OP's picture. Is that to slow the plane after the tail settles?

Read Richard Bach’s book “Biplane”. It’s a great read on Biplanes of this era.

Hi All, My friend thinks this might be his grandfather piloting this airplane. Anyone know what kind of plane it is?
(Anyone else expect Pilawt has the factory brochure for it?)
Thank you!

View attachment 66177
Awesome picture!

I'm buying a new house, and I'm going to make an office also an "aviation room". I'd love to have a HD copy of that to print out and put on the wall...hint hint lol.

Back