Plane down near buffalo

It's not "down near Buffalo", it's a Buffalo Airways C-46.

The Buffalo pilots seem to be a competent lot...last year a Buffalo DC-3 lost an engine on takeoff from Yellowknife pretty much at MTOW, the pilots made an emergency landing on airport property with no injuries IIRC.

Last edited:
Ole Joe will probably put them back on ramper duty for tearing up one of his beloved commandos....

Ole Joe will probably put them back on ramper duty for tearing up one of his beloved commandos....

Probably so. :D

I really enjoyed the TV show produced about Buffalo. It was kinda neat watching those young pilots strapping on a DC-3 or C-46 and learning to fly the old birds.

I was surprised when Joe bought the Electra, that's gotta be a money eating monster. His competition has a C-130, which seems much better suited to NWT freighter ops.

Glad everyone survived,hope the old bird isn't damaged too much.

On my recent vacation in Canada I stopped by an aviation museum in Calgary. The gift shop had a few Buffalo Airways t-shirts. I bought one that features the Electra. Cool shirt.

The Buffalo pilots seem to be a competent lot...last year a Buffalo DC-3 lost an engine on takeoff from Yellowknife pretty much at MTOW, the pilots made an emergency landing on airport property with no injuries IIRC.
It was not at MTOW, it was OVER gross and they were lucky to have made it back.

Back