Plane down @ DXR Danbury, CT

The initial climb is the worst time to lose an engine. My best to all involved!

Been a lot of these lately :(

When people ask me if I am nervous flying, if I tell them anything, I tell them yes, for the first 90 seconds of every flight. Prayers to all involved.

At least it was injured and not fatal. Hopefully they all recover. I sat in on a few forums at Oshkosh this year that talked about what to do when the plane looses power. The problem is that all the presenters had no idea what it's like to fly in a place like the northeast. They all talked about putting it down in a field or a road. Around here there usually isn't anything but trees around the airport. Even most roads are too narrow because the canopy of the tree overhangs it. Realistically if you loose power out of most northeast airports like Danbury you are going in the trees and at best are taking a trip to the hospital

Keith

Fly into Danbury all the time. Sort of in a bowl. Not a good place to lose an engine on climb out.

Prayers for the injured.

I learned to fly at DXR 32 years ago, if I knew then what I know now...........although my current home base of PDK has even less options and they keep building on few that are left.

Back