Plan my flight!!

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
So I've decided to keep the Comanche unless I get an offer on it. And I'm going to take a large trip with it this summer. Where to? You decide! I already did this trip in 2005, so I'd like to shy away from that exact routing. I have no qualms about seeing the PNW again, but I don't need to see the east side of the Sierras I'd also like to do more than just an overnight at each of my stops. It could be east, it could be south, it could be west, it could be all of them. Let's see what you've got.

Go see Jay on the Gulf Coast. Then maybe over to Florida - Key West - and up the east coast....

So I've decided to keep the Comanche unless I get an offer on it. And I'm going to take a large trip with it this summer. Where to? You decide! I already did this trip in 2005, so I'd like to shy away from that exact routing. I have no qualms about seeing the PNW again, but I don't need to see the east side of the Sierras I'd also like to do more than just an overnight at each of my stops. It could be east, it could be south, it could be west, it could be all of them. Let's see what you've got.

How much time do you have available? One week? Two? What part of summer, or could it be spring or fall?

Ahh, you completely skipped California on the last trip. You missed a lot. Humboldt Redwoods, Shelter Cove (Black Sand Beach, quiet little beach town), Little River (Mendocino - Kayaking, Skunk Train), Napa and wine country, Monterey (the aquarium, whale watching sea otters, etc), San Louis Obispo, Pismo/Oceano, Santa Barbara, So Cal (Disneyland, Hollywood, L.A.), San Diego (Wild Animal Park, beaches, great weather, etc.) and so much more. Don't let the haters keep you away. California is great.

Go see Jay on the Gulf Coast. Then maybe over to Florida - Key West - and up the east coast....

+1 - put Texas on the itinerary.

You mean fly over the Gulf? In a single? Surely I will perish!! :hairraise::hairraise::hairraise:

How much time do you have available? One week? Two? What part of summer, or could it be spring or fall?

Probably May or June or July or August. Who knows! I might plan it so I finish the trip at 6Y9 for Labor Day Weekend.

Ahh, you completely skipped California on the last trip. You missed a lot. Humboldt Redwoods, Shelter Cove (Black Sand Beach, quiet little beach town), Little River (Mendocino - Kayaking, Skunk Train), Napa and wine country, Monterey (the aquarium, whale watching sea otters, etc), San Louis Obispo, Pismo/Oceano, Santa Barbara, So Cal (Disneyland, Hollywood, L.A.), San Diego (Wild Animal Park, beaches, great weather, etc.) and so much more. Don't let the haters keep you away. California is great.

I didn't skip California completely.

I landed here.

I didn't skip California completely.

I landed here.

While there is some good backpacking in the Eastern Sierra's and Death Valley is someplace to say you have been, you did skip quite a bit of good stuff. If you end up over here on your trip, let me know and I can give you some better tips.

Ok here is my suggestion Ed.

AOPA Internet Flight Planner

The route is:
9D9
KRAS - To visit Jay
KJAK
KSAV - Because Savanah GA is cool
KJZI - Because Charleston SC is also cool
W95- Becaus the outer banks are beautiful and laid back
KLUA - see the caverns
VA61 - Looks like a cool Grass strip and you need a grass strip not 6Y9
KLOM- Because my wife will feed you
KMHT - To see Bezanson
KRKD - coastal maine
KFVE - Because its way the freak up there in main and you can spit to canada
KART - Thousand Islands are beautiful
KIAG - Hey its Niagra Falls ... Slowly I turn step by step
KDRM - its an island and place to land for fuel
6Y9er - Duh
9D9 - Home.

Last edited:
Regardles of where you go...if you're flying over, or in the vicinity of, my airport (0T3) you're welcome to spend a night...or two...or three...

So I've decided to keep the Comanche unless I get an offer on it.

BTW...isn't that kinda like saying "I plan to remain a virgin unless I'm ever asked out on a date."

:wink2:

Last edited:
I see Adam wants to see me on the news with the LOM LUA leg. :D

I see Adam wants to see me on the news with the LOM LUA leg. :D
\
No go back an look I put in the route. I added VA61 but the flight planner would not take it. It is a cool grass strip west of the SFRA. Golden Eagle Takes it but not AOPA.

I figured you could fillin enough POAers like Tim on the trip to KRAS.

I suspect you aren't that interested in international travel, but flying over the Gulf is a lot of fun, and Cozumel is neat as well. Consider going to Cozumel from Jay's and then back up the east coast via Key West. Then you can also say you've flown through Cuban airspace.

I suspect you aren't that interested in international travel, but flying over the Gulf is a lot of fun, and Cozumel is neat as well. Consider going to Cozumel from Jay's and then back up the east coast via Key West. Then you can also say you've flown through Cuban airspace.

Yeah, and if I forget to let DHS know whether I had visible corn in my stool on the eAPIS they try to fine me 5 figures.

Who are you flying with?
Unless something changes in the super near future it will just be me.

Not much to see here in DC, but yeah, I'll welcome EdFred....

But something tells me, I'm not the Jay to which everyone is referring to....

Put NC on your list and drop in here...Get your timing right and get this way when we are doing a good show...

in the PNW, I liked flying to the San Juan Islands, looks like you headed south before getting there on your last trip. I also like flying in Canada. It appears you have correctly found where the problem lies flying internationally...this side of the border. Canada is "No Hassle", or at least hasn't been for me. I have had issues with CBP on the way home though... That's another story.

If you make it down the east coast, we have spare bedrooms and cold beer, but the islands are nicer. I flew to St. Simons TWICE last weekend...

Did you ever do that canoe trip in Montana?

Did you ever do that canoe trip in Montana?

No. I ended up playing travel ball last summer, and never got around to it. I want to do it this summer, but I'm not sure I can take June, July, and August off of work.

No. I ended up playing travel ball last summer, and never got around to it. I want to do it this summer, but I'm not sure I can take June, July, and August off of work.

Plus coming off a recent shoulder surgery, you'd probably want to lay off the canoing for a year.

+1 to bring the Comanche to Dallas... and be sure to let Roddie know. As much as he has been going on about your airplane, you might be flying home commercial with a cashier's check in your pocket.

And to be fair, I want a look at it, and meet you in person too.

Plus coming off a recent shoulder surgery, you'd probably want to lay off the canoing for a year.

No need for surgery at this point. The labreal tear isn't what was causing issues. Instead I was diagnosed with Glenohumeral Internal Rotation Deficit/Deficiency. IOW, really really bad tendinitis. Cortisone shot(s) and physical therapy for 4-6 weeks. If after that it's still an issue, they will scope it, which is no big deal.

No need for surgery at this point. The labreal tear isn't what was causing issues. Instead I was diagnosed with Glenohumeral Internal Rotation Deficit/Deficiency. IOW, really really bad tendinitis. Cortisone shot(s) and physical therapy for 4-6 weeks. If after that it's still an issue, they will scope it, which is no big deal.

That is very good news.

+1 to bring the Comanche to Dallas... and be sure to let Roddie know. As much as he has been going on about your airplane, you might be flying home commercial with a cashier's check in your pocket.

Ed's a good guy, and the Comanche well worth a look. A nice example of the breed.

Why not North? Very, very North.

Alaska.

Or, come out to NC, and lets go watch the #1 team in the country, since your team isn't as good?

Why not North? Very, very North.

Alaska.

Or, come out to NC, and lets go watch the #1 team in the country, since your team isn't as good?

Bwhahahahahaha. Wait till next rankings.

Ok here is my suggestion Ed.

AOPA Internet Flight Planner

The route is:
9D9
KRAS - To visit Jay
KJAK
KSAV - Because Savanah GA is cool
KJZI - Because Charleston SC is also cool
W95- Becaus the outer banks are beautiful and laid back
KLUA - see the caverns
VA61 - Looks like a cool Grass strip and you need a grass strip not 6Y9
KLOM- Because my wife will feed you
KMHT - To see Bezanson
KRKD - coastal maine
KFVE - Because its way the freak up there in main and you can spit to canada
KART - Thousand Islands are beautiful
KIAG - Hey its Niagra Falls ... Slowly I turn step by step
KDRM - its an island and place to land for fuel
6Y9er - Duh
9D9 - Home.

Typical Yankee - thinks everything in the middle is "flyover country"! :D

Ed needs to see central Texas - maybe a little Fredericksburg (cold ones at Luckenbach, barbecue at Cooper's in Llano), and Dallas, of course, because... well, it's Dallas. :yes:

You'd enjoy meeting Walt at his Most Very Excellent Airport, T14, and he flies (wait for it) a Comanche. Nice one.

Hey that goes righ over Peoria.
Ed Fred, you need to see either Atlantic Canada or Alaska. Remember- summertime, GO NORTH!

Hey that goes righ over Peoria.
Ed Fred, you need to see either Atlantic Canada or Alaska. Remember- summertime, GO NORTH!

It is only 3ish hours from Bellhingham to Ketchikan.

Had a flight to Provincetown on the cape last night, highly recommend it!

Back