Places to Go

Tracker

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Tracker
Moving...and selling my plane :( What are the better options for flying near Seattle? Clubs? Private rentals?

Last edited:
What exactly are you looking for as far as recommendations? service? fuel prices? food available on field?

New to the forum but getting some notoriety in the circuit (you may know me as winged fly in aviatrix Jo Tracker). In shameless self promotion and looking for collaborators for content in upcoming vlogs and blogs, what recommendations do you all have for FBOs that make good reviews. East coast preferred.

I don't even know what a "winged fly in aviatrix" is.

All sorts of expensive FBOs get great reviews. By millionaires. :)

What are you looking for?

And are you an "identity bot"... putting key phrases into various websites to get various social media scores to go up high enough to sell ads?

And are you an "identity bot"... putting key phrases into various websites to get various social media scores to go up high enough to sell ads?

If you spent time on the circuit Nate, you'd know, she's "kind of a pretty big deal." :)

Tough crowd.

New to the forum but getting some notoriety in the circuit (you may know me as winged fly in aviatrix Jo Tracker). In shameless self promotion and looking for collaborators for content in upcoming vlogs and blogs, what recommendations do you all have for FBOs that make good reviews. East coast preferred.

Frequenter to the forum but have some notoriety in the loop (you may reflect upon me as blinged fly in turnin'trix Ho Smacker). In shameful self-devotion and seeking instigators for material in forthcoming flicks and tricks, I recommend you all FBOs that make bad reviews. I'm on the east coast.

I hope this helps.

I have no idea what I just said.

no kidding tough crowd. Looking for FBOs with good restaurants and pilot planning services. As example KOXB Ocean City is a really nice flight right on the beach but they don't have food on site and not a lot for the pilot to work with once they land. Looking for suggestions like Ocean City that are a beautiful flight, but with more offerings on landing

If you want to see my blog for context, it's at wingedflyin.com

Frequenter to the forum but have some notoriety in the loop (you may reflect upon me as blinged fly in turnin'trix Ho Smacker). In shameful self-devotion and seeking instigators for material in forthcoming flicks and tricks, I recommend you all FBOs that make bad reviews. I'm on the east coast.

I hope this helps.

A little Bailey's in the coffee this morning?

no kidding tough crowd.

Initial hazing, don't mind us. I like your blog on 9 ways to fund one's flying habit. Good job.

As for recommendations (now that I know you aren't a bot!)... not sure what exactly you are needing or meaning by pilot planning services - computers and such in the FBO? Car services into town? Helpful employees?

There are tons of great places to fly into in New England. Some favorites along the coast and on the islands that have good restaurants and decent FBOs -
KGON (Groton, CT)
KMVY (Martha's Vineyard... although I prefer the Katama grass strip - 1B2, which has a much better restaurant AND beachside parking! Multiple runways and the grass is extremely well maintained.)
KACK (Nantucket, MA)
KCQX (Chatham, MA... definitely a favorite, expect a wait at the restaurant)
KBID (Block Island, RI)

^^^The only one of those to charge me a landing fee was KACK. BID and 1B2 have ones too, but guessing I waived them by eating at their restaurants.

There's also KSFM (Sanford, Maine), but I'm not as big a fan of that place as many others seem to be. I've eaten at the restaurant twice and it was pretty bad both times, although cool atmosphere/decor. Also not the best experience with other pilots there.

Further up the coast is KBHB (Bar Harbor, ME), but I haven't been there yet, something I will be fixing this Sunday, so not sure if they are worth a damn or not. There is a lobster shack next to the field, though, so I have high hopes!

Last edited:

I hope this helps.

Maybe not, but I spit coffee out my nose when I read it, so it musta been good.

no kidding tough crowd. Looking for FBOs with good restaurants and pilot planning services. As example KOXB Ocean City is a really nice flight right on the beach but they don't have food on site and not a lot for the pilot to work with once they land. Looking for suggestions like Ocean City that are a beautiful flight, but with more offerings on landing

KOXB - Don has inexpensive rentals and he is in the terminal. 10-15 minute drive to the boards, plenty of good eats available that an on field restaurant could not compete with. As you said, can't beat the view over Assateague or north along the beach to Cape Henlopen.

KJGG - Great little restaurant in the terminal (Charleys). Rental cars on site. A short drive to Busch Gardens, Williamsburg winery, and a good shows at the Ferguson center in Newport news.

Tracker
I just read the 9 ways blog. Good job. I will be back to read more.

Gary

If you want to see my blog for context, it's at wingedflyin.com
Nice blog.

Really enjoyed reading this: How to Over Fly Sully's Runway (the Hudson River).
The first part reminded me of one of my student solo flights from TEB, in the summer haze. CFI checked my planning and weather, but shortly after I took off, I realized that the visibility was much less than it appeared. A couple of minutes after takeoff, I was feeling more and more uncomfortable. I really had to fight the urge to press on, but wisely decided that it was time to make that U-turn, lol. My friend was a tower controller at the time, and he had just cleared me for takeoff a few minutes earlier. So when I called him up for landing clearance, he was a bit concerned. He asked if everything was OK. I replied, "yeah, the visibility is worst than I thought" or something like that:eek:

On another note.
Flying the Hudson is one of my favorite flights (exclusion as well as Skyline route), especially when I'm lucky enough to get the East River clearance with a combined Central Park crossing! A couple of years ago, I did a few counter-clockwise orbits around the "Lady" at 900' (local ops), exited to the VZ, then made a 180 while contacting EWR for the 'Skyline Route' northbound, which they granted at 1500. Out of all of my Hudson/East River flights over the past 19 years, that one was my favorite.

By the way, I see you're into aviation and art. My daughter is a professional artist as well, she has flown with me, but has no real love for aviation. For her, it's just a means of transportation:D

Last edited:
Like your blog, keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jo, In fairness, you came onto a forum boasting of some notoriety as though folks must have heard of you. Apparently, none of us have.

I don't know how far you want to travel, but there are a number of east coast based pilot groups on Facebook where you might find some local suggestions. I've been doing a bit of the same (although not commenting much on it) since moving to North Carolina almost 5 years ago.

BTW, love the pink headset :)

I loved the blog about flying with a screaming toddler. Crying is good for kids. Builds their lungs.

First, if you want to get in everyone's good graces here, you HAVE to indicate

1. You live and die by the AOA indicator
2. You fly a taildragger and are a total bad ***
3. You prefer low wing to high wing

4. Bonanza.

What else are you suppose to do with it? I'd put it in my 5.7L V8 but it might make my 11 mpg go down to 10.9. :)
Signs posted at airports I frequent, EPA violation big $$$$ fines. GATS (sp) jars and return to the tank. Hate to be fined over a video.

I mean...harsh but fair, I probably had a little too much of the ego juice flowing from my new 72 facebook friends...their like real friends but not at all

Is one of three okay? Definitely prefer low-wing...

Jo, In fairness, you came onto a forum boasting of some notoriety as though folks must have heard of you. Apparently, none of us have.

I don't know how far you want to travel, but there are a number of east coast based pilot groups on Facebook where you might find some local suggestions. I've been doing a bit of the same (although not commenting much on it) since moving to North Carolina almost 5 years ago.

BTW, love the pink headset :)[/QUOTE

It's good to have the ego checked I'm sure...I think I meant to be funny but I tell jokes in the quantity vs. quality way...as in tell enough and eventually someone laughs

Nice blog.

Really enjoyed reading this: How to Over Fly Sully's Runway (the Hudson River).
The first part reminded me of one of my student solo flights from TEB, in the summer haze. CFI checked my planning and weather, but shortly after I took off, I realized that the visibility was much less than it appeared. A couple of minutes after takeoff, I was feeling more and more uncomfortable. I really had to fight the urge to press on, but wisely decided that it was time to make that U-turn, lol. My friend was a tower controller at the time, and he had just cleared me for takeoff a few minutes earlier. So when I called him up for landing clearance, he was a bit concerned. He asked if everything was OK. I replied, "yeah, the visibility is worst than I thought" or something like that:eek:

On another note.
Flying the Hudson is one of my favorite flights (exclusion as well as Skyline route), especially when I'm lucky enough to get the East River clearance with a combined Central Park crossing! A couple of years ago, I did a few counter-clockwise orbits around the "Lady" at 900' (local ops), exited to the VZ, then made a 180 while contacting EWR for the 'Skyline Route' northbound, which they granted at 1500. Out of all of my Hudson/East River flights over the past 19 years, that one was my favorite.

By the way, I see you're into aviation and art. My daughter is a professional artist as well, she has flown with me, but has no real love for aviation. For her, it's just a means of transportation:D

LOL, maybe it'll grow on her. I didn't know I even liked it until filling an airsick bag during my first pilot lesson (age 26 at the time). I called it 'air induced bulemia' keeps you skinny

Timing on your jokes would be better if you waited the full 4 months to reply...you got a little impatient there.

Just trying to help!

Back