Places to get a float rating

That time of year knocks out a bunch of places. I did mine at Romeo Aviation in Cumberland WI but Sandi pulls the Citabria out of the water in early October and it doesn't go back in until around April or May. In the meantime it is on wheels or skis depending on snowfall. I'd look at the Florida schools during the winter months. I have no experience with any of them so I cannot give a PIREP. So yeah, my post does nothing for you.

:lol:

Some you are gonna hear repeated often:
Jack Brown Seaplanes
Traverse Air
Ryan Aviation

Jack Browns in central Florida is very popular.

There's a guy in the Birmingham AL area that does it in a Cub. His web site: waterwings.com. There was an article a few months ago in 'Flying' magazine on Twitchells3b5.com in Turner, Maine.

Last edited:
There's a guy in the Birmingham AL area that does it in a Cub. His web site: waterwings.com. There was an article a few months ago in 'Flying' magazine on Twitchells3b5.com in Turner, Maine.

Twtchell's Sea Plane Base:

HR

Attachments

• DSC04033(1).JPG
    DSC04033(1).JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 16
  • DSC04021(1).JPG
    DSC04021(1).JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 16
  • DSC04029 (L).JPG
    DSC04029 (L).JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 16
  • DSC04031.JPG
    DSC04031.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 14
Some you are gonna hear repeated often:
Jack Brown Seaplanes
Traverse Air
Ryan Aviation

+1 for Ryan, I did my SES in their A-1B when it was fairly new to their operation. Great flying plane and lots of fun.

That Kenmore 10 hour deal looks pretty sweet. My case was a little different because my situation favored (demanded?) me getting my CSES in a hulled seaplane, but I still took my checkride with Jon Brown of Browns seaplane base. Fair and thorough. Another benefit of doing it at Browns is there's no dicking around getting to the "practice area", you start up on one of the lakes you'll be training on and you'll land on just about every one in a 10 mile radius and then some.

Back