Pix of our new Sonex!

FlyGirlKHWO

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyGirl
op4lGK3.jpg

Very cool!

I hear this is the prototype for the Air force new fighter. Budget cut backs ya know.

good to see the purchase went through. When does your husband start using it for his commute?

Yeah, yeah, we stole it from the Air Force developmental lab (shhh--it's in Roswell!)

The Air Force decals are going and we're putting on non-military graphics. Will post follow-up when ready!

Hubby is flying out to Sonex in Osh Kosh to do transition training in a week or so, I'm doing the same in December, if weather permits.

We're excited, it's nice to have an affordable addition to the our little family!

Tailcode says it belongs to the Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron #764 @ Edwards AFB

Nice heliocolopter!!
:D

That's awesome. You're going to have to show me this airplane too. :D

I hight recommend that transition training. I went through it a few months back getting ready for the first flight of my sonex and it was worth every penny. The sonex is easy to fly, it is just different than a Cessna or piper. Landing is all about the sight picture. Once you figure that out you almost don't even have to look at the insurments anymore.

If you haven't seen it already and need some inspiration search "Aaron Knight" on YouTube to see what a sonex is really capable of.

Keith

Last edited:
Nice looking Sonex. They're fun. I had one I didn't build .. and my current
one I built.

RT

That paint job works very well on that airframe. One of the better looking Sonex I've seen!

I like it it looks very cool! I want a Sonex jet now that would be one fun hot rod bird and easy way to get real jet turbine time for less $$ than a regular jet. Just need an A&P who can put one together.

That thing is really friggin' cool!

I like it it looks very cool! I want a Sonex jet now that would be one fun hot rod bird and easy way to get real jet turbine time for less $$ than a regular jet. Just need an A&P who can put one together.

Anyone can build a sonex with little more than the tools most people have in their garage for minor auto repairs.

OP, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for painting over that ridiculous fake military nonsense.

OP, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for painting over that ridiculous fake military nonsense.

it's not my cup of tea, but I thought it looked fine. The more I looked at it, it made me wonder how that's legal. It reminded me of the people that make their cars look like police cars. Seems like the FAA wouldn't let people put on decals that resembled law enforcement or any of the military.

Back