Pix from Hawaii.

Ah, yes. The best way to see Molokini. From the air.

Isn't that a beautiful place to fly? I went up with Maui Aviators last year. Kahului to Hana to Lanai to Kalaupapa (north shore of Molokai) and back to Kahului. Beats the heck out of being a passenger on one of the helicopter tours, doesn't it?

And the "Big Island" keeps on getting bigger!

Taken last Wedns!

mgkdrgn said:
And the "Big Island" keeps on getting bigger!

Taken last Wedns!

I got a few like that last month. Who did you fliy with? Mike Lauro at Tropic Bird out of KOA for me.

My aunt lives in Maui, and I finally have enough airline miles to fly out and see her. HOORAY!!!!! I will go after I receive my private license though. Maybe I will take an air tour of HI. Sounds like you guys had lots of fun John & Brett. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I've been twice in the past two years. We are going to go back every year. We always accumulate enough ff miles to do it, so it isn't too expensive. Last time we went on an air tour in a Partenavia. Sat right seat, and wife and I were the only two on board (except for a Kahului-Hana leg). Tour was great, and we got some extra time.

wangmyers said:
(except for a Kahului-Hana leg).

That leg didn't take long, now did it? Even in a 172 that doesn't take long. Pretty, though.

Right--it was about 10 minutes. My wife was just shocked--three hour drive! (Except that the drive is supposed to be slow. . . )

wangmyers said:
Right--it was about 10 minutes. My wife was just shocked--three hour drive! (Except that the drive is supposed to be slow. . . )

The road to Hana is something else, isn't it? I've driven it twice and I think that's about it for me.

Back