PIREP - Trig Avionics

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
Anyone here have or have any experience with Trig? As I am investigating (code for overthinking) my panel upgrade, this was brought to my attention from a local shop as something to look at.

Thoughts!

https://www.trig-avionics.com/products/trig-stack-bundle/

Stack-web-image.jpg

banner_image_bg.png

I installed a TX56 with TI106 in a bonanza a while back. Easy install, radio works well. The TI106 is made by Mid-Continent, and is a pin-for-pin match for a GI106. They make good radios, I was able to do the install at a better price than had I gone with Garmin stuff.

I've installed a few Trig radios, including one in my own airplane. I've been very satisfied with them and would consider them a good alternative to a Garmin radio.

The Dynon integrated com radio is really a trig. No complaints

I considered a Trig 1090es transponder and was impressed by the electronics, but didn't like the Trig interface. Had to use the left rotary knob to enter each digit of the squawk code one at a time. So I bought a Bendix KT-74 model which is a rebranded Trig unit but with a pushbutton interface. I've gotten several years of good use from it.

I installed a TMA45 audio panel in my bird a couple years back. Works great, no complaints. Went with the Trig as I preferred the look better than the other units on the market. Inside they are the same as the PS engineering models.

Whatever you do, get a model with bluetooth.

Trigs are great! Hard for them to compete value-wise with the Garmin equivalent. For those of us against the evil empire it's a solid choice. The exceptions are the smaller radios and transponders which have no Garmin equivalent.

I put a Trig TT-22 transponder in the Velocity. It worked great. I had an issue at some point (don't recall the details now) but the support was fantastic! I would not hesitate to purchase a Trig product.

Entering new squawk codes on that transponder in a hurry and fly, looks like a challenge. What GPS is being integrated with the stack?

Why not go Garmin GTX-375 for ADSB in/out & WAAS GPS as the transponder? Then go with Trig radio stack if that's your preference. The Garmin 375 also includes iPad connectivity for Foreflight.

Last edited:
Great experience with a TY92 remote head lightweight radio - clear reliable this far.

Back