PIREP on Para-Port hangar doors?

Stan Bergey

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
86SierraBravo
I ran across these when researching a replacement door, and am wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

Well I started flying in the summer of 1969 and while these guys claim they've been around since 1962 I have never seen one. I'm assuming this is not the old Port-A-Port hangar company that closed down sometime in the 80's

Well I started flying in the summer of 1969 and while these guys claim they've been around since 1962 I have never seen one. I'm assuming this is not the old Port-A-Port hangar company that closed down sometime in the 80's
We have them at our airport, actually work really well. They are old and canvas has been replaced x times. Issue for us is electric motors thst raise and lower them, parts no longer available. I would
assume vendor has newer solution for lift mechanism?

We have them at our hangar. it’s a community hangar with two of them for 14 aircraft. They get used constantly and seem to hold up well. Getting them serviced has not been a issue.

We have them at our hangar. it’s a community hangar with two of them for 14 aircraft. They get used constantly and seem to hold up well. Getting them serviced has not been a issue.
According to photos, it appears that at least some sun/light bleeds through the canvas. The extra light would be welcome, but does it translate into additional heat inside the hangar? Desirable in the winter of course, but not so much in summer. Do they do well on hangar heat retention in cold weather?

The hangar seems fine from a temperature standpoint. It’s probably as good or better than a metal door. A insulated door would however be vastly better than both.

Back