For Sale Pipistrel Panthera $650k

Not me. A Lancair does that and more, for less dinero.

Is it in the "Experimental Exhibition" category?

I do like the "add to cart" button on the listing. I'm guessing AMEX might freak out if I bought it online.

when I saw one in person it shocked me how small it was. Maybe just because it’s so open. Still sexy though

You can put it in your cart but then there is no way to check out

I do like the "add to cart" button on the listing. I'm guessing AMEX might freak out if I bought it online.
It also allows you to select a quantity. I added 50 of them to my cart.

Unfortunately, however, I was unable to find the cart to complete my order. So no sale.

The Panthera is a REALLY nice airplane. It's as if a DA40, a Mooney, and a Cirrus all got mixed together and they ended up with a plane that's got all the best parts of all of them, but maybe even better than that.

It's fast, it's super efficient, it's sexy, it's got a super nice interior, it's as much of a "has it all" airplane as I've ever seen. The one thing that's missing so far is a type certificate. Once they have that in hand, this thing is going to sell like crazy if Pipistrel can market a tenth as well as they can design airplanes.

That is a sexy plane. But the little ones?? A virus, A sinus.What will the next one be? A rectum? They could use a marketing department ;-)
Yeah… those mean different things and are pronounced differently in the home country, I guess. Call me crazy, I’d have renamed them for the English speaking world. In fact, if we’re naming a product of any sort I’d do a quick search to see if it had an unfortunate meaning in some other language.

payload sucks.

What do you consider to be a "sucky" payload? Useful is roughly 1100 pounds, and it carries 330 pounds of fuel. That leaves over 750 pounds of payload with full fuel, which is 182-ish. That does not suck, for a 4-seat single.

If anything, I wish the tanks were a bit bigger. I like my 7.5 hour tanks in the Mooney, it gives me the option of buying a lot of fuel when it's really cheap, and I can trade a lot of fuel for extra payload when I need to.

The Panthera is a REALLY nice airplane. It's as if a DA40, a Mooney, and a Cirrus all got mixed together and they ended up with a plane that's got all the best parts of all of them, but maybe even better than that.

It's fast, it's super efficient, it's sexy, it's got a super nice interior, it's as much of a "has it all" airplane as I've ever seen. The one thing that's missing so far is a type certificate. Once they have that in hand, this thing is going to sell like crazy if Pipistrel can market a tenth as well as they can design airplanes.
Except… Textron bought them. Columbia pt 2?

Except… Textron bought them. Columbia pt 2?
Spoke with the Panthera/Textron rep at the show. Still experimental exhibition. No A/C option which is tough in the Southeast at that price point. And given Textron's history, you'd have to be comfortable with the knowledge they could pull the plug at any time. However, Pipistrel is their environmentally friendly "investment", so less likely to cancel I would think.

Back