Piper Warrior 151 Required Equipment List?

P51P28

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ZD
Doing the pre-flight today and discovered that the stall horn wasn't working. Thumbed through the operating manual and I didn't see any section/chapter with required equipment. Does it exist for the Cherokee/Warrior? Surely it must but I'm embarrassed to say that it never dawned on me to check if it was there.

Long story short, I tried the stall horn again and it worked. It was a great learning experience. A quick Google search revealed that if the stall horn ain't working in a Cessna, it ain't airworthy. Any truth to that?

If the stall horn still didn't work after the 2nd try, I was packing my bags along with my sad face

Just to clarify, is your thinking:
  1. The information you seek is in the POH you leafed through, but you couldn't find it.
  2. The information you seek should be in the POH, but the POH is inappropriately incomplete, so you couldn't find the answer in the POH.
  3. The information you seek lives outside of the POH and you need help finding it.
  4. The information you seek doesn't exist, and you need only check the relevant regulation.
Your post was kind of vague about what you are looking for. Also, be careful about googling for the answer which may or may not be different for the specific airplane you fly.

I didn't see any section/chapter with required equipment.
If I recall there should be an equipment list inCh 6 of the POH/AFM.
A quick Google search revealed that if the stall horn ain't working in a Cessna, it ain't airworthy. Any truth to that?
Not all aircraft require a stall warning system for certification. Provided an aircraft gives the pilot a tactile warning within a specified airspeed no warning system is needed. I believe a number of Cessna 100 series models do not and require the stall system to be operational. I can't access any info at the moment for your -151 but I believe your standard Pipers do not have that limitation and the stall system can be inop under 91.213 but I'm not 100% sure.

A Cherokee is not going to have a specific minimum equipment list.

Back