Piper PA32 down near Cuba Missouri.

Texting while flying in turbulence? Im guessing loss of control due to activities not related to flying, and overstressing the airframe on recovery.

That would be my first question too....:dunno:

Texting while flying -> spatial disorientation -> overspeed -> panic pull on yoke to recover -> snap half a wing off -> brutal and cruel death.

100% speculation, of course, but something must have gone wrong big time for a wing to snap off.

Suicide ????

I do know a few people who did take out their dog during the act...:sad::sad::sad:

How do you text during turbulence? Seems like it would be hard to hit the keys if it's that bad.

Texting while in turbulence,doesn't seem to be possible if the turbulence was bad enough to take the airplane apart. May he rest in peace.

Right. My wife "texts" me routinely when driving by talking into her android phone. Google does a flawless job of converting it to text.

And the weather has been incredibly fierce but micro localized. Perfectly dry but 36 inches away a blinding downpour. Yes, 36 inches.

Looking at the flight path, he's on AP the whole way. Maybe he was texting when he got into the rough stuff and the AP disengaged...

With his dog?

Perhaps they were married...you never know these days. Seriously, missed the dog.

He texted that he hit turbulence. Sounding like some sort of localized weather. Odd that he would have missed visible weather.

Voice to text w/ Bluetooth connected to headset. Works sweet on a droid...don't know about iThingies.
That makes sense. My iThing will do it but I never use it because I'm not in that habit.

That makes sense. My iThing will do it but I never use it because I'm not in that habit.

I text all the time when airborne and doing doggie trips...letting the receiving party (or next pilot) know my ETA.

And the weather has been incredibly fierce but micro localized. Perfectly dry but 36 inches away a blinding downpour. Yes, 36 inches.

I've swam in a backyard pool that half was sunny and dry and the other have was pouring down rain. It was quite a lot of fun for a bunch of kids.

Back