Piper Cub Share for Sale on Long Island NY

Cub_Share

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Cub Share 4 Sale
Piper Cub Share for Sale

Share in a 1945 Piper Cub based at the Bayport Aerodrome 23N. Step back in time
flying your Cub from Long Island’s historic grass airport in Bayport NY just south of
Islip airport KISP.

Looking for a current pilot with a tailwheel endorsement or equivalent, current
medical. Cub time would be preferred but not necessary.

Yearly dues are approximately $900. This covers your share of hangar,
insurance, annual maintenance, etc..
No hourly fees to fly.. Pay for only the fuel you use.
1/8 Share only $3400

Please pass this along to anyone in this area that you think might be interested, thank you.

Please private message me if interested. Serious inquiries only please.

Medical?

Can't a J3 be flown LSA?

Our insurance doesn't permit LSA flight in this plane. I would think that it might be possible to find a policy that permits it but there is no need to do that at this time.

Thanks..

Seems like a nice proposition for someone in the area. If you were in the Chicago area I'd probably take it.

You might be thinking of Bart ? If yes then you are probably thinking of 1N2 airport that is farther out east.. Sorry but not sure if he is still around. The airport is still there.

If you know anybody on Long Island please pass the word, I would appreciate it..

Thanks

Last edited:
Oh Bayport jees i took a few rides with Frank the dpe there forever cant remember his last name but we were always just at gross :) i will make a few calls know alot of people around that area 50 years at hto

Yes i knew Barts last name but chose not to put it on the interwebs ,in case i tell any of the crazy stories i could

Frank is still around but flying more out of Islip than Bayport.. Great guy and old school pilot that's for sure..

Thanks for your help..

Oh Bayport jees i took a few rides with Frank the dpe there forever cant remember his last name but we were always just at gross :) i will make a few calls know alot of people around that area 50 years at hto

say hello to frank for me just tell him one of ron L .better friends of which i am very proud says hello.

As of today I am thinking that the BasicMed might be all that is needed to fly our clubs Cub.. Will check it out..

Our insurance doesn't permit LSA flight in this plane. I would think that it might be possible to find a policy that permits it but there is no need to do that at this time.

Thanks..

Is this still available?

Piper Cub Share for Sale

Share in a 1945 Piper Cub based at the Bayport Aerodrome 23N. Step back in time
flying your Cub from Long Island’s historic grass airport in Bayport NY just south of
Islip airport KISP.

Looking for a current pilot with a tailwheel endorsement or equivalent, current
medical. Cub time would be preferred but not necessary.

Yearly dues are approximately $900. This covers your share of hangar,
insurance, annual maintenance, etc..
No hourly fees to fly.. Pay for only the fuel you use.
1/8 Share only $3400

Please pass this along to anyone in this area that you think might be interested, thank you.

Please private message me if interested. Serious inquiries only please.

Bart (if we're talking about the same person) passed away, I think, last I heard his airport is closed, too, though the next door strip is still open. I'm not interested in a Cub share, but anybody know if/when the fly-in is at Bayport this year? I'm looking for an excuse to fly my Hatz down from CT.

Back