Piper baggage door “bumper” thing

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
door was open and someone leaned up against the baggage door precipitating a complete crushing of that little plastic bumper . Kinda looks like a 2” long plastic plastic pencil. Held on by two Phillips head screws attached above the door in the rain gutter. Anyone know a good source other than Aviall?

So, ummm, they research the part, purchase it and install it on their dime? Leaving you to only be told when it’s complete?

I wasn't leaving it there so they could unscrew two phillips head screws and replace it. He said get the part and we will pay for it. He felt really bad about it and I was 100 miles from home.

Can’t the shop ,research the part ,and purchase it,then mail it to you?

Home Depot Aerospace Division has them, two for $3.99. They mislabeled them as toilet seat bumpers.
Say whuuuuut? Are you serious? Like, for real, for real?

046224024057lg.jpg

I bought the eBay one. It's a factory part and it matches the forward baggage door. I wanted two but when I went to look at the forward bumper today, the labor to get it out is absurd. I was going to head down to Home Depot to see what I could find but seeing that the entire forward baggage headliner had to come out to replace that one too, I said screw it and got the OE one off ebay. (I like things to match and having it not would drive me nuts). Thanks for the link :cheers:

I bought the eBay one. It's a factory part and it matches the forward baggage door. I wanted two but when I went to look at the forward bumper today, the labor to get it out is absurd. I was going to head down to Home Depot to see what I could find but seeing that the entire forward baggage headliner had to come out to replace that one too, I said screw it and got the OE one off ebay. (I like things to match and having it not would drive me nuts). Thanks for the link :cheers:
How did you anchor the screws to the fuselage over the rear cargo door? Mine spin freely as far I can tell. When I removed the busted bumper, it seemed like there was a Sheetrock light wall anchor inside the fuselage that slipped down once the screws were out.

I still don’t know what you are referring to. I’m not looking at my PA28-181 now, but do not remember any such part. However, I will look carefully at my baggage door. I think I remember a piano hinge on the upper side of the door, and the baggage strap that snaps to the exterior fuselage when open.

I still don’t know what you are referring to. I’m not looking at my PA28-181 now, but do not remember any such part. However, I will look carefully at my baggage door. I think I remember a piano hinge on the upper side of the door, and the baggage strap that snaps to the exterior fuselage when open.
Maybe is specific to the PA32 front and rear baggage doors. There’s two 2” Phillips screws to hold it, but I don’t see what would keep them from spinning freely in the fuselage skin.

Back