pins and needles all week

moto head

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
moto head
well have went thru every post on this website under the medical forums and felt like i was either gonna be hung or set free. i haven't had a medical since 2006. i was dealing with the death of my wife, in 2009 and raising our two small children alone, so my flying was put on hold for 12 years. i went for my 2nd class medical 2 weeks ago i passed with flying colors. in a rush to get going with my flying again i filled out the medx form and answered no to 18x and 18w. i was reviewing my medx form last weekend realizing that those two items must be checked yes. In a state of panic i was scratching my head to see if i previously reported them in my pass medicals. I was able to retrieve them and fortunately i did in fact check yes on 18x and 18w on my previous medicals. I then called the faa medical dept and explained my error , i included a 8500 for 2006 that it was 18x and 18w that was checked yes and PRNC. She kindly stated they would send out a form that i could correct the appropriate boxes yes and note PRNC. That its ok. I was so worried and upset over this mistake that i couldnt even think straight , reading some of these horror stories on here certainly did not help, sorry for the long story any comments i invite thanks much

Last edited:
I guess I am confused about what you want from this group.

i was just sharing my story and experience is all.

I guess I am confused about what you want from this group.

I had the same reaction. Until I realized perhaps empathy, non-judgemental feedback, respect, positive reinforcement and/or just someone to listen might have been part of the motive. Why he came to PoA is the disturbing part :eek:...shows a complete breakdown of CRM :rolleyes:

Seriously (to the OP), glad it worked out! Welcome back to the skies. Now get out there, burn some avgas and make up for lost time. :thumbsup:

Welcome! Glad your deal ended up successfully. Keep us updated as you resume your training.

Welcome back.

But after reading your post I have concerns about helmet fire someday. Be careful out there ! ;)

Also, you may want to go over to the other thread and recommend that one guy not call the FAA regarding your medical. Let him know you’ve confessed your sins.

So let me see if I understand. You
  • filled out the initial form incorrectly
  • faxed a correction which was also incorrect
  • faxed a correction to the incorrect correction which again was incorrect
  • finally called them to correct the second incorrect correction and they will send you a form so you can solidify your final correction.
Is that right?

Sounds like it will work out ok which is good and I'm happy for you but while I can somewhat understand the initial error as several years had passed, I do have trouble understanding how you could make an incorrect correction not just once but twice. Being in a panic on the ground on a minor paperwork snafu to the extent that it compounds errors does give me pause on how you will handle issues in the air. Hopefully my concerns are unwarranted. I do wish you well. Be safe up there!

By the way, this is why most on here recommend that one keep their previous forms and review them when filling out a new one. A lesson for going forward.

Glad it all worked out. Never know how things will turn out when dealing with the government; federal, state or local. Now, get to flyin'. :)

Sounds like it will work out ok which is good and I'm happy for you but while I can somewhat understand the initial error as several years had passed, I do have trouble understanding how you could make an incorrect correction not just once but twice. Being in a panic on the ground on a minor paperwork snafu to the extent that it compounds errors does give me pause on how you will handle issues in the air. Hopefully my concerns are unwarranted. I do wish you well.

Really 'Dog?! :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back