PilotsNPaws101 and Saving Frankie (Full ATC)

wayneda40

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
waynemcc
Are you looking to fly for a cause? In this video we illustrate how PilotsNPaws.org (PnP) might be a good fit, as it has been for thousands of pilots throughout the USA. Following a brief introduction to how PnP connects pilots to rescue agencies, we then conduct a flight to help save Frankie, a 3-year old Pomeranian. If you’ve flown pet rescue missions, care to also share your experiences and suggestions in the Comments?

Thanks for your insight and enjoy the video!
Wayne, the GeezerGeek Pilot

Reference: PilotsNPaws Tips from Wayne, https://bit.ly/wam-pilotsnpaws-tips
Credit: Puppy Love (Instrumental), Steve Reynolds

What a great concept. It sounds like what I wish I had known about last year when my working dog was dying from Osteosarcoma and I needed to find a way to get him out to Colorado State University's Canine Cancer Center.

By the time I could get things worked out to get a NetJets flight that would carry him he was too sick to fly even at the pressurized altitude that could be maintained by their aircraft.

The timing was off all around, first it was the dead of winter and there was no way to safely drive him out there, even in the RV, then when the seasons changed to Spring he was too sick to make a four-day trip on the ground, even in the RV. When I could finally arrange for a flight for him he was at the point where they did not believe that he would survive the flight that would take him out to where he could have received the cutting-edge treatment that he needed to slow or stop the progression of the disease.

Incidentally, the avatar on the left is a picture of his son, Bentley.

Stephen, so sad to hear about Bentley's father.

PilotsNPaws is indeed a great concept and seems to work quite well, both from the pilot's standpoint as well as the agencies. I believe all it would have taken is for the CSU Canine Cancer Center to have posted the need to move him from your location to their facility... and pilots would have jumped in to fly the necessary legs. The rescue of Frankie shown in the video was my 100th PilotsNPaws transport, but there are some who have flown 1000+ missions. If you have an interest, check it out at PilotsNPaws.org.

All the very best to you and our canine companions,
Wayne

No! Don't check it out! Too many people with time on their hands right now, I've been trying to snag a trip to do with my daughter but they get snatched up right away.

But, that's a good problem to have, traditionally I have a selection of flights to choose from when I find I have the time. Awesomely satisfying to take animals from a bad situation to a good one.

No! Don't check it out! Too many people with time on their hands right now, I've been trying to snag a trip to do with my daughter but they get snatched up right away.

But, that's a good problem to have, traditionally I have a selection of flights to choose from when I find I have the time. Awesomely satisfying to take animals from a bad situation to a good one.
Yes, I've also seen that PnP flights are being gobbled up super fast -- for the reason you mention. But adoptions are also up, so there still seems to be a demand for the flights. My suggestion is to look up any past rescue agency contacts you might have, or cull a handful of contacts from postings over the past month or so... then email/text these people and let them know you're eager to fly and what dates you'd be available to fly.

Hoping you and your daughter get a chance to do a transport soon... if she hasn't yet been on a PnP flight, or even if she has, you will no doubt enjoy the chance to together help a pet get to their new home.

Very best regards,
Wayne

Back