Pilots N Paws flights 2016

Skywalker

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Skywalker
2016 was our first year we flew for Pilots N Paws. While we would have loved to make more flights, Michigan weather doesn't always comply.

4 cats needed a flight from New York to Flint. We flew the leg Niagara Falls (KIAG) to Flint (KFNT).

rps20161211_213416.jpg

The French Bulldog Max got a ride from Detroit (1D2) to Luray Caverns (KLUA):

download_20160417_215942.jpeg

Four cats hitched a ride from Stewart (KSWF) to Flint (KFNT)

rps20160418_120109.jpg

The most memorable flight was with Benjamin and Adam, who flew with us from Niagara Falls (KIAG) to Flint (KFNT) - they came from New York too... We loved every second of this flight.

rps20160704_113759.jpg

Konar and Black came all the way from Georgia and found their forever homes in Canada. They flew with us from Indianapolis to Frankfort (KFKS):

rps20161211_153505.jpg

The next passengers flew with us from Nashville to Marine City (76G) before heading to their homes in Canada too:

rps20161211_213706.jpg

Molly got a ride from Toledo (KTDZ) to Niagara Falls (KIAG):

PNP_Molly5.jpg

The German Shepard Oliver needed a lift from Pittsburg to Lansing (KLAN):

Oliver_Flug.jpg

And finally we flew cats - who came again from New York - from Niagara Falls (KIAG) to Flint (KFNT). In Flint two of our passengers had to change carriers...

rps20161127_230724.jpg

Our cat - dog ratio is in favor of the cats. We loved every single of our passengers...

Last edited:
I've never managed to pick up a cat flight but would like to. I've done a whole load of dogs, and one duck.

Looks awesome!! I really need to get going on some Pilots and Paws stuff.....I'm allergic to cats so I'd only be able to help out he dogs!

I did my first and only flight a few weeks ago from Peoria (PIA) to Pittsburgh (FWQ). Not necessarily an animal person but I like flying and it gives me a purpose. That was my longest XC I've ever done and the dog was very well behaved. Looking forward to doing more in the future (after this silly winter weather calms down).

Thank you all for your nice feedback. :)

... Not necessarily an animal person but I like flying and it gives me a purpose. That was my longest XC I've ever done and the dog was very well behaved. ...

:yeahthat:

We did some XC that we wouldn't have done without PNP. We also visited places that wouldn't be on our list to visit...

We are always amazed how nice the cats and dogs are that we have flown. I would have adopted every single cat and dog in a heartbeat - if our two cats would approve any furry addition. ;)

Last edited:
rps20161211_213807.jpg This lady made herself comfortable in the back of the Mooney... :)

Last edited:
Picture 4 looks like a felony in progress.....

Interference with a flight crew.

Wow! Cats are amazing that way. I think I read somewhere they don't have collar bones so they can wriggle through tiny spaces.

The French Bulldog Max was farting pretty good during the flight. It's amazing what kind of odors so little animals can produce... :crazy::sosp::redface::lol:

Weather in the midwest finally made a good day for flying. Flew down to Nashville to pick up Sitka and delivered him to Indy where he will be trained as a service dog for a Veteran. He wasn't too happy to be flying, but he was a great passenger.
20161221_123200.jpg

He looks like a cute and great dog. Glad, that you were able to make the flight. :)

Last edited:
I assume you've seen that dog they are trying to get from Toledo to Sault Ste Marie lately? Thought of you guys. I'd do the trip even from here but man, trying to get through the weather that far north in the winter is like winning the lottery.

Yes, we have seen that trip, but we are currently unable to do the flight...

Back