Pilot - Social Experiment

More expensive may be good, the more expensive the better. It does two things.

Fist, it shows that both you and the people you are seeking/that are seeking you are highly committed.

Second, with luck it sorts out the riff-raff who can't afford the fees. At least there is some selection for socioeconomic success, which I assume you want. Not much fun supporting a layabout.

Um.... no. Those things trip off if you sneeze sometimes.

Do it right.

Hire a commercial pilot to aviate while you copulate, lest you autorotate and self-immolate.

Have a good date! Be back by eight!

LOL! Nice rhyme.

Fist, it shows that both you and the people you are seeking/that are seeking you are highly committed.

Second, with luck it sorts out the riff-raff who can't afford the fees. At least there is some selection for socioeconomic success, which I assume you want. Not much fun supporting a layabout.

LOL my first date will be with an unemployed guy who recently got laid off and is looking for work - oh and his arm will be in a sling for three more weeks.

But yes - those "free" sites (Craigslist, OK Cupid, Plenty Of Fish) sort of don't give you the high quality dates the paid sites do.

And it is not that they can't afford the fees. It is more laziness / not being committed. The saying "put your money where your mouth is" comes to mind. Once you start paying $50 / month to find a soul mate you will be highly motivated to do so. If you aren't paying anything your attitude changes to "who cares".

Wait that came out wrong. I don't want to meet any freaks. I am just saying many people have been laid off. The injury was from an outside of work sporting thing, kickball I think. Nevermind - this is just going to get me made fun of, isn't it.

How can I say this without sounding corny? Love will surprise you, and it often comes from places you least expect.

You never know who you might connect with and dismissing someone because they don't have an awesome car or tons of money is just plain stupid. What if he got a job tomorrow and his arm healed in a few weeks? I would have missed out.

On the other hand, like buying a house / car / etc - the first one usually isn't the right one.

On the other hand, like buying a house / car / etc - the first one usually isn't the right one.[/QUOTE]

But he won't be the first one.... He might be the fifth. :idea:

Lunch Break Update: spoke to a new one on the phone - just not a good match. Seemed like a caring person but I had to say (and can't believe I did have the courage to say) that I did not want to meet him.

However, talked to a second one, he did seem cool, and we are meeting tonight at 9pm!

Guess what? He is in a sling too! (Broke his wrist)

What the hell is going on here? Two people in a sling on eHarmony? All the men are broken . . .

Friday (tonight): 9pm - meeting man with sling (broken wrist). He likes vodka and red bull.

Saturday (tomorrow) 8pm - meeting man with sling (dislocated shoulder). He likes beer.

Who will prevail? Or will we be back at square one and start over again?

Personally I would hold off and wait for the parapalegic , ex postal worker to contact you....:yikes::yikes::rofl:

Jus kiddin,,,,

Vodka and red bull? That sounds like a risky combination but I'm not in the swing of things anymore, being old and living in the sticks and all

Lunch Break Update: spoke to a new one on the phone - just not a good match. Seemed like a caring person but I had to say (and can't believe I did have the courage to say) that I did not want to meet him.

However, talked to a second one, he did seem cool, and we are meeting tonight at 9pm!

Guess what? He is in a sling too! (Broke his wrist)

What the hell is going on here? Two people in a sling on eHarmony? All the men are broken . . .

Look at the bright side if these guys are used to having broken limbs they shouldn't be scared of flying with you!

I like the dancing idea. I presume you've tried hanging out at places that interest you? If dancing isn't your thing. Get a hobby and immerse yourself someone with an interest in that same hobby will be there. I do sometimes envy the single people...I was single until I was 36! But it is nice for someone to take out the trash and be willing to shoot any intruders (because I sure couldn't) Good Luck finding Mr. Right. But just like Flight training, when it stops being fun and a chore back off from it. Dating is suppose to be enjoyable. :)

Look at the bright side if these guys are used to having broken limbs they shouldn't be scared of flying with you!

OMG hilarious. Good point. I could actually use that as a joke tonight. Thanks for making my vodka and red bull date go that much better.

I like the dancing idea. I presume you've tried hanging out at places that interest you? If dancing isn't your thing. Get a hobby and immerse yourself someone with an interest in that same hobby will be there. I do sometimes envy the single people...I was single until I was 36! But it is nice for someone to take out the trash and be willing to shoot any intruders (because I sure couldn't) Good Luck finding Mr. Right. But just like Flight training, when it stops being fun and a chore back off from it. Dating is suppose to be enjoyable. :)

Hobby = aviation

All the good pilots = taken

How to use text messages while dating:

Kimberly: See you at 9. I hope you aren't (honestly) in pain.

Bachelor: You're sweet to ask. No pain.

Kimberly: We can change that tonight. Bring body armor.

C'mon you have other interests other then Aviation. Pottery/knitting/quilting/reading.

How to use text messages while dating:

~~~~~~. Bring body armor I'll bring boots and ....

Nah, prolly not a good idea to go there. :)

But really, y'all tell me about the red bull vodka thing, I'm out of the loop

~~~~~~. Bring body armor I'll bring boots and ....

Nah, prolly not a good idea to go there. :)

But really, y'all tell me about the red bull vodka thing, I'm out of the loop

OK so the idea is (I guess) that booze makes you tired. Red bull makes you awake. So when you mix them you can drink more since you'll be awake longer?

Some bars have to give you the red bull and vodka separately and make you mix it yourself. This is because of the dangers.....

Ah I see, umm well, if you try it hope it goes ok, think I'll skip it

He replied.

Bachelor: I always carry protection.

I like him already! A sense of humor is a must. Fingers crossed.

He replied.

Bachelor: I always carry protection.

I like him already! A sense of humor is a must. Fingers crossed.

~~~~~~and he's a boy scout because he's always prepared

OK so the idea is (I guess) that booze makes you tired. Red bull makes you awake. So when you mix them you can drink more since you'll be awake longer?

Some bars have to give you the red bull and vodka separately and make you mix it yourself. This is because of the dangers.....

As a newly minted pilot you were trained to recogonize warning signs and dangerous situations..... You might want to program 911 into your cell phone before the date starts just in case all heck breaks out.:confused::D

Not sure how many sexy knitting men there are out there my age who are still single. Girls snatch them up like hotcakes.

You've taken up a hobby where men outnumber women about 17:1. I think you just need to be patient.

Re: Pilot - Social Expirement

Did I mention the search parameters on this site allow me to specify less than 300 miles of distance between us as a requirement?

300 freakin miles? One of you better own a fast airplane.... I try to stay within 10 miles of home....

As a newly minted pilot you were trained to recogonize warning signs and dangerous situations..... You might want to program 911 into your cell phone before the date starts just in case all heck breaks out.:confused::D

OMG. You mean you don't know about that phone call alibi thing? It calls you at a certain time during your date. If you are having a good time, you just ignore the call. If you need to get out of the date you pick up the call and a "person" says stuff (I don't know what, I've never used it). Then you tell your date something has come up and you have to leave.

Sort of like the rejection hotline (again, I wouldn't know) or other hotlines:

https://www.humorhotlines.com/New-Releases/New-Releases.asp

300 freakin miles? One of you better own a fast airplane.... I try to stay within 10 miles of home....

When I met my now husband, we lived on different continents.

Wait this one is better:

"got delayed, meet you at the bar soon, found a shopping cart, i am now getting pushed to the bar by some guy that was peeing in the alley i found the cart in"

When I met my now husband, we lived on different continents.

Wow. And I just changed the 300 miles to 100 miles but eHarmony won't let you do less. Match will let you do "one mile" I think. Oh well, I guess the folks at eHarmony believe you shouldn't limit your search to just your own town.

Back