Pilot Resume Help

Skydreamer2015

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Skydreamer2015
If all goes well on my commercial check ride, I will have a very wet ticket waiting to be used. I have already put a few lines in the water & have a friend that says his company would be interested in considering hiring me with my fresh commercial privileges. He has asked me to forward my resume to him. Can anyone help me as to what that resume would look like? Is there any resume services that specialize in help write resumes for pilots? Or is there any place I can get a template to help me write a resume up? Thanks for the help!

If you google professional pilot resumes, you'll find some pretty good templates.

If you google professional pilot resumes, you'll find some pretty good templates.
This. Generally speaking, for a pilot resume, you'll list all of your certificates/type ratings/endorsements at the top along with logbook hours (TT/ME/IMC...etc)

Then below that is typically the bullets of your professional skills/job experience.

I always kept mine limited to one page.

Agree. Limit to one page. Going with a free template found online will suffice.

I received a resume once that had a statement something like this........I am a 500 hour pilot but I fly like a 1000 hour pilot. Avoid statements like that.

Good luck, getting that first job can be tuff....

Another thing is don't be a whore. I had one guy tell me he would work for a hotel and per diem to fly my helicopter. He was desperate for some initial turbine time. I never called him back. Somebody dumb enough to work for free is to dumb to work or me. The other side of that is if an operator is willing to let you work for no pay you should probably avoid actually working for them since they are more like pimps than legitimate employers

Any newer advice on this subject? I am a couple weeks away from my CPL ticket and as desperate as a down on his luck hobo for any good advice on finding a job with 300 hours...over asked question here on POA, I know. Thanks.

My first couple of flying jobs came about simply because I was known at the airport.

Network with local folks. You might find something that happens to pop up if you're at the right place at the right time.

Any newer advice on this subject? I am a couple weeks away from my CPL ticket and as desperate as a down on his luck hobo for any good advice on finding a job with 300 hours...over asked question here on POA, I know. Thanks.

The hard part will be getting that 200 extra hours to put you over the hirable 500 hour mark.

Some places will hire very low time second officers. Just have to get out and knock on doors and network.

My first job was flying tours at the outer banks, NC. Pay was crap, living conditions were crap, work conditions were crap, but I was on the outer banks for whatever that is worth.

If all goes well on my commercial check ride, I will have a very wet ticket waiting to be used. I have already put a few lines in the water & have a friend that says his company would be interested in considering hiring me with my fresh commercial privileges. He has asked me to forward my resume to him. Can anyone help me as to what that resume would look like? Is there any resume services that specialize in help write resumes for pilots? Or is there any place I can get a template to help me write a resume up? Thanks for the help!

Here is THE BEST how to I’ve seen, after being in the industry for a bit this has also yielded me favorable results.

http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=47666&start=0

Back