Pilot Personalities

We are known, and widely lauded, as being experts in anything and everything. Especially financial and real estate matters. Lately a lot more slanted towards medicine, infectious diseases, and the economy. If the world would just put a board of pilots in a room for a few hours, we would have everything settled comrade.
I’m impressed, but not by much. :)

We are known, and widely lauded, as being experts in anything and everything. Especially financial and real estate matters. Lately a lot more slanted towards medicine, infectious diseases, and the economy. If the world would just put a board of pilots in a room for a few hours, we would have everything settled comrade.
Said in jest.. but given our current "society" and our crop of people in charge I think I might actually prefer a group of pilots making decisions that impact me. At least, like engineers, I'd know that there's a certain level of intellect that I'm guaranteed to get. Even the dumbest pilots out there somehow managed to do their studies, pass their checkride(s) and flight review(s), and if they have a few hundred hours under their belts, managed to not kill themselves

Said in jest.. but given our current "society" and our crop of people in charge I think I might actually prefer a group of pilots making decisions that impact me. At least, like engineers, I'd know that there's a certain level of intellect that I'm guaranteed to get. Even the dumbest pilots out there somehow managed to do their studies, pass their checkride(s) and flight review(s), and if they have a few hundred hours under their belts, managed to not kill themselves

Plus a decent chance that they’re free of psychiatric defects and mind altering substances.

That's a fair statement.....really took the wind out of my sails man :)

However, nothing would ever get done since no group of pilots would agree on anything. But perhaps that would be a good thing.

Cheers

As with all committees, it would depend entirely on the specific pilots chosen to serve.

I can't even do that anymore but I played the oboe so I'm still in therapy to repress the memories 20 years later. :rolleyes:

Ah, yes. The ill wind that nobody blows good.

So says a former bassoonist. :p

Back