Pilot left the plane at 2000 feet over FL?

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
MILTON, Fla. — Authorities were searching late Sunday night for the pilot of a small plane that crashed in the Florida panhandle, officials said.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479236,00.html

OK. Then:
CNN) -- The pilot who signaled air traffic controllers that his windshield had imploded and that he was bleeding before his plane crashed faked the call and later checked into a hotel using a false name Monday, authorities said.

Authorities identified the pilot as Marcus Schrenker, 38, from Indiana. Police say they are looking for him.

"All indications now are that he made some type of false emergency call [and] abandoned the plane by parachute," said Sgt. Scott Haines of the Santa Rosa County, Florida, Sheriff's Office.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/12/florida.plane.crash/index.html

I don't think he thought his cunning plan all the way through.

probably thought he'd get around that little problem of 'no body at the scene' by having the a/p carry the plane out into the gulf?
check family members for recent insurance policies on him.

I knew the courts and some sort of legal situation be be related to this

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-insdce/case_no-1:2008cv01709/case_id-21654/

CREATIVE MARKETING INTERNATIONAL CORP. v. SCHRENKER et al

Plaintiff:CREATIVE MARKETING INTERNATIONAL CORP.
Defendant:MARCUS SCHRENKER and HERITAGE WEALTH MANAGEMENT, INC.
Case Number:1:2008cv01709
Filed December 22, 2008 Court:Indiana Southern District CourtOffice:Contract: Other Office [ Court Info ]
County:Johnson Presiding
Judge:Judge Richard L. Young
Referring Judge:Magistrate Judge Tim A. Baker
Nature of Suit:Contract - Other Contract Cause Diversity Jurisdiction
Diversity Jury Demanded By:28:1332 Diversity-Breach of Contract

Last edited:
probably thought he'd get around that little problem of 'no body at the scene' by having the a/p carry the plane out into the gulf?

Actually looks like he tried to do that...

That call came in when the aircraft was about 35 miles southwest of Birmingham, Alabama. Controllers tried to tell the pilot to divert the flight to Pell City, Alabama, but he did not respond. The plane appeared to have been put on autopilot around 2,000 feet, Haines said.

Guess he didn't calculate fuel burn correctly :rolleyes:

Haha .. that was my first thought. I'm guessing there'll be some unaccounted
for funds missing.

Does anybody know where I can get a chute and how to use it.

Kevin

Haha .. that was my first thought. I'm guessing there'll be some unaccounted
for funds missing.
The spokeman for the local sheriff in Florida just said on CNN that he was also facing fraud charges in Indiana.

FYI Marcus does have a verifiable online presence on some the pilot newsgroups. I have not found him on PoA but I have found him elsewhere.

Somebody, most likely the press, made a mistake on the airplane. I didn't know a Pawnee had an autopilot, must be for those lazy ag pilots.:rofl:

Crash scene local coverage

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/PilotInMiltonPlaneCrashIsAlive

Military Jets from Whiting Field were launched to intercept the plane. The Jets caught up to the plane, but the pilots say the door to the plane was open and the cockpit was dark. They could not see the pilot, nor could they reach him by radio, and no blood was found. The Military stayed with the plane until it crashed one mile north of Peter Prince Airport in Milton.

Last edited:
Crash scene local coverage

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/PilotInMiltonPlaneCrashIsAlive

Military Jets from Whiting Field were launched to intercept the plane. The Jets caught up to the plane, but the pilots say the door to the plane was open and the cockpit was dark. They could not see the pilot, nor could they reach him by radio, and no blood was found. The Military stayed with the plane until it crashed one mile north of Peter Prince Airport in Milton.

Boy's got some 'spiainin to do. We might think his certificate is jeopardy.

Just when I thought I'd heard it all in aviation.....a story like this comes along.

So weird! Canoe accident, he couldn't come up with something better than that?

Just when I thought I'd heard it all in aviation.....a story like this comes along.

So weird! Canoe accident, he couldn't come up with something better than that?

To get himself into the situation I think he did, he may not be all that smart.

What a tool.

I say let 'em have a walk on all the financial misdeeds. But, let the emergency services and cops who tried to help him take him "out back" for a half hour.

He won't do it again and will probably take up digging ditches for a living.

Am I the only one who is heartbroken that he ruined a perfectly good airplane? :frown3:

I'm with you. He could have donated it to a medical airlift charity or something, then gone and sought whatever help he needed. Seeing that bird upside down in the muck was tough.

I'm with you. He could have donated it to a medical airlift charity or something, then gone and sought whatever help he needed. Seeing that bird upside down in the muck was tough.

Exactly.

I wonder the same things about the rundown aircraft on the line at the local airport. Interior screwed up from sitting out in the sun, wasps nests, flat tires... just sad to see, especially for someone who wishes he could own a plane.

Schrenker lived a high-flying life as an experienced recreational pilot with the nerves to pull off aerial stunts and an investment manager. :eek: :nono: :nono:

I love the command of the english language displayed by the press!

-Skip

I say let 'em have a walk on all the financial misdeeds. But, let the emergency services and cops who tried to help him take him "out back" for a half hour.

He won't do it again and will probably take up digging ditches for a living.

100 yards from a house? He could have added a manslaughter charge to his day.

Am I the only one who is heartbroken that he ruined a perfectly good airplane? :frown3:

From all accounts it was all about him. The plane crashed 75 yards away from a house. He could have easily killed an entire family due to "his troubles". This is a black eye for GA.

Crying out loud, man up and face the music!

News accounts are not saying he sent and e-mail to a friend saying he suffered from hypoxia and made bad decisions. According to FAX news he was at 2,000 AGL.

Last edited:
Quoted from U.S. News posting:

Stashed red Yamaha
Later, another clue surfaced: Schrenker had apparently parked a red Yamaha motorcycle with packed saddlebags in a storage unit about 7 miles away from Childersburg. By Monday, the motorcycle was gone and Schrenker's still-damp clothes were in the storage unit when investigators got there, Marty Keely, U.S. Marshal for the Northern District of Alabama, told The Birmingham News.

Video
Manhunt for missing pilot
Jan. 13: Police are searching for embattled Indiana businessman Marc Schrenker, who disappeared after a plane crash in Florida. Msnbc.com's Dara Brown has the story.

msnbc.com
Keely said Schrenker rented the unit on Saturday, paying cash, and told the manager that he would be back for his belongings on Monday.

Meanwhile, in Indiana, Schrenker's neighbor Britt said he received an e-mail Monday night from Schrenker claiming the crash was an accident and saying he wanted the companies under investigation to succeed. Britt believes the e-mail is real, but its authenticity hasn't been verified.

The U.S. Marshals declined to say if they believed the e-mail was authentic. Britt said authorities asked him not to make it public.

From all accounts it was all about him. The plane crashed 75 yards away from a house. He could have easily killed an entire family due to "his troubles". This is a black eye for GA.

And more ammo for TSA to use in their conquest of GA. Guys like this hurt us badly.

Somebody, most likely the press, made a mistake on the airplane. I didn't know a Pawnee had an autopilot, must be for those lazy ag pilots.:rofl:

Much less a door that could be open in flight.

I saw the wreckage on TV. It's definitely a waste of a Malibu. It had a door with stairs.

Apparently he stashed a Motorcycle near where he jumped out of the plane.

http://www.theheraldbulletin.com/local/local_story_013110143.html

News Story Snip said:
Later, another clue surfaced: Schrenker had apparently parked a red Yamaha motorcycle with packed saddlebags in a storage unit about 7 miles away from Childersburg. By Monday, the motorcycle was gone and Schrenker’s still-damp clothes were in the storage unit when investigators got there, Marty Keely, U.S. Marshal for the Northern District of Alabama, told The Birmingham News.

Back