Pilot Celebrities... who are they?

His statement still stands.. I'd trade my stepkids for your conquest.

Treat Williams

I just heard Dana Delany say she flew with Treat Williams when he was her boyfriend.
attachment.php

It must have been the plane.

Attachments

• dana-delany-1165066082.jpg
    dana-delany-1165066082.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 362
Cliff robertsons wife Dinna Merrill was worth many millions. His spitfire was flown by a real interesting WW2 RAF type name of jerry billings, a master of the air! Look him up. Very sick, old now and in need of help. In his day , a real master of the air.

His statement still stands.. I'd trade my stepkids for your conquest.

No, but I might trade one of my kids for one of the step kids! :D How much do they eat and complain about needing stuff? :rolleyes:

Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of Iron Maiden.

bruce-in-cockpit.jpg

He had a nice ride when they were on tour a few years ago...

maiden.JPG

LOL at the old 800PM that Is a old picture. 800PM is a GV now.

John Oates of Hall & Oates is a pilot, met him at a party once, we talked planes, and I asked him what he did for a living, he told me "I am a rock Star". Nice guy though!

Hank Williams Jr. Crossed paths with him at Panama City, FL.

dtuuri.

I don't know if anybody has mentioned Roy Clark, the country western performer. I had been the previous owner of a Beech 56TC that I flew back in the late 1970's. Wayne Osmond of the Osmond Brothers was a CFI. I also remember seeing Wayne Newton fly an Enstrom Helicopter around Las Vegas back in the 80's

Jimmy Graham the TE for the Saints. I've seen a couple write ups about his Bonanza G36 and how he flies over the Houston to shop so no one knows who he is. :)

Also, Tim McGraw the country singer is a Cirrus pilot. There's a youtube video of him out there talking about it.

A lot of them have died also. A lot of them. Usually blundering into weather but some due to lousy maintenance, etc. Rickey Nelson, mike Todd, patsy cline, buddy Holley, glen miller, Thurman Munson, many many more. Many were not flying but had hired pilots who were not too swift.

Last edited:
For all the Packer fans out there, Larry McCarren, AKA the Rock, former center and now radio color commentator for Da Packers.

For all the Packer fans out there, Larry McCarren, AKA the Rock, former center and now radio color commentator for Da Packers.
Rick Monday, Dodgers play-by-play announcer. He's the one who, in 1976 as an outfielder for the Cubs, saved an American flag from a couple of would-be flag burners in the outfield at Dodger Stadium.

Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of Iron Maiden.

bruce-in-cockpit.jpg

He had a nice ride when they were on tour a few years ago...

maiden.JPG

This is super rad! One more reason they rock. And I'm sure Harrison Ford has been said, my dad met him and got a picture with him by his Cub last year at Camarillo (CMA).

Rick Monday, Dodgers play-by-play announcer. He's the one who, in 1976 as an outfielder for the Cubs, saved an American flag from a couple of would-be flag burners in the outfield at Dodger Stadium.

In video you notice the crowd is booing, then cheer Rick, today, especially in LA, it would be the opposite.

Southern California late night TV addicts will remember car dealer Cal Worthington ("Go See Cal"), who passed away last year. According to an item yesterday in the radio industry blog L.A. Radio People, Cal "used to pilot his Learjet to the various cities in his empire – Houston, Phoenix, and Seattle – and tape tv ads on location"; and, "During much of the 1950s, he moonlighted as a traffic reporter at KXLA (1110 AM) in one of his planes every morning and afternoon in exchange for advertising time."

Southern California late night TV addicts will remember car dealer Cal Worthington ("Go See Cal"), who passed away last year. According to an item yesterday in the radio industry blog L.A. Radio People, Cal "used to pilot his Learjet to the various cities in his empire – Houston, Phoenix, and Seattle – and tape tv ads on location"; and, "During much of the 1950s, he moonlighted as a traffic reporter at KXLA (1110 AM) in one of his planes every morning and afternoon in exchange for advertising time."

Ironic: According to the NYTimes, he never liked selling cars.
“I never much liked the car business,” Mr. Worthington said in 2007. “I just kind of got trapped in it after the war. I didn’t have the skills to do anything else. I just wanted to fly.”

angelina jolie wow

Word is that when she soloed, her shirt wasn't cut because it was some expensive designer brand. Instead, she slipped off her bra and gave it to her instructor.

Chris Meloni (Law and Order) has a Saratoga (currently for sale) and a bizjet.
Skitch Henderson was a B-29 pilot. He slow rolled a B-29 during a mission and lived to tell about it.

From Rod Machado's Private Pilot book, I seem to recall Drew Carey being listed as a pilot.

Word is that when she soloed, her shirt wasn't cut because it was some expensive designer brand. Instead, she slipped off her bra and gave it to her instructor.

I wonder if they hung that on the wall of the flight school??? :D

Can't imagine (if the instructor was married) that he would take it home and say "Hey honey...look what Angelina gave me!" :eek:

Mike

B.B. King: He learned sometime back in the 60s. He stopped flying because management and insurance companies required him to fly with another qualified pilot... He said that pretty much defeated the purpose.

Last edited:
George Strait, Aaron Tipin, Dave Coulier

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Back