PiknPig

Jeff767

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff767
I am starting to fear the PiknPig in NC is not going to reopen. It’s been since April for updates from them on Facebook. Anyone know what is actually happening?

I am starting to fear the PiknPig in NC is not going to reopen. It’s been since April for updates from them on Facebook. Anyone know what is actually happening?
@eman1200 posted pictures of what looked like serious construction a few months ago. I'd think they'd be getting close by now, but I'm sure this supply chain nonsense is slowing things down.

dunno but u may have given me the perfect excuse to put off things I was supposed to do today and go find out what's going on.....

last time I posted an update things were much farther behind where I thought they'd be by now (or then)

The funny thing is zero updates on their Facebook page since April. You would think they would provide something every month or so. People are asking for updates and they are radio silent!

The funny thing is zero updates on their Facebook page since April. You would think they would provide something every month or so. People are asking for updates and they are radio silent!

yep, especially when people (like me) donated moolah to the recovery. anyways, whadyagonnado.

Ok, Operation Pik n Pig Recon was a success. Unfortunately it’s not great news. When I get home I’ll put the short video together but the bottom line is the pig won’t be open any time before mid October at the earliest. But I think it’ll be quite a bit longer than that. Supposedly they are waiting on equipment to come in, I’m guessing the same equipment they were waiting on the last time I was there several months ago. Anyways, it’s gonna be a while. I got to hang out for a bit with Mr Gilliam but he just owns/rents out the land. He’s got some good stories to tell. But I/we want bbq, c’mon, man!

It sounds like from what you are saying they do plan to reopen when the equipment arrives. That is good news!

It sounds like from what you are saying they do plan to reopen when the equipment arrives. That is good news!

Oh they rebuilt the restaurant building, it’s not like they’re not doing anything. Of course at this point that building could be anything, as it’s basically an empty shell. But there was no indication from Mr G that anything else was in the works. They’ll reopen. Was fun to land at the pig again though.

well a day after you asked and I went on my recon mission, they finally updated facebook saying November/December as the earliest opening timeframe.

Weird, I asked myself the same question on Saturday and found the YouTube video - was going to post it and then got busy.

I trust they will reopen - too much community support for the not to.

Back