Pictures of the Husky, finally!

...but you fit pretty darned well in a Bonanza, didn't you, Kent?

...but you fit pretty darned well in a Bonanza, didn't you, Kent?

Well, uh...

:no: :redface:

In the Beeches I tend to hit my head on the upper corner. OK most of the time given sufficient slouch, but really annoying in turbulence. That's part of why I didn't pursue that Travel Air much... I need to do a long cross country in one to see if I can stand it. :(

Honestly, the four-seat single that fits me the best is a Mooney 201, believe it or not. The 182 is a close second.

EDIT: Spike, this does NOT mean I don't want a ride next time I see ya! :blueplane: ;)

Last edited:
Hey Chip! One of your favorite authors just came out with an article about flying a Husky.

Not new. It's a 2005 and apparently inherited the N-number after less fortunate airplanes were finished with it.

Hey Chip, love the plane, and wonder how you came to the choice. Both the Husky and the Top Cub seem to be really nice and occupy the same market nitch. I was just wondering if you considered the Top Cub, and if so, how you came to your decision on the Husky.

Hey Chip, love the plane, and wonder how you came to the choice. Both the Husky and the Top Cub seem to be really nice and occupy the same market nitch. I was just wondering if you considered the Top Cub, and if so, how you came to your decision on the Husky.

Bill,

I looked at the Super Cub, the Top Cub, and the Husky. I really like the flight characteristics of the Husky much better than either the Super or Top Cub.

I've found that aircraft of this type tend to have very heavy control forces (especially in the aileron), agonizingly slow roll rates, and severe adverse yaw. I lived with all of that long enough in my Citabria. The Husky B model (2005 and on) has redesigned flaps and ailerons that make it much more suited to my taste. Aileron forces are greatly reduced without the need for spades, the roll rate is quicker, and there is a ton of flap at the max setting. As soon as I flew a Top Cub I knew I didn't want to spend that much money for an airplane I could never love to fly. In contrast, as soon as I flew a new model Husky I knew that it was Husky or nothing. It just seemed to fit me.

To each his/her own.

Back