Pictures from Diana at OSH

qbynewbie

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Qbynewbie
Diana has sent me some pictures from OSH. She asked me to post them here since she doesn't know how to do that from her phone. So here goes:

First, the campsite:

Attachments

• diana2.jpg
    diana2.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 112
  • diana3.jpg
    diana3.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 125
  • diana1.jpg
    diana1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 128
Next, Lance Fisher eating MREs for breakfast at Diana's after riding his bike over.

Attachments

• diana4.jpg
    diana4.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 144
Jason (Tadpole) riding her new bike and then fixing her new bike. :D

Attachments

• diana5.jpg
    diana5.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 119
  • diana6.jpg
    diana6.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 110
From the forums: Pete, Greg and Sharon Bockelman

Attachments

• diana7.jpg
    diana7.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 139
And, finally, Terry Claussen

Attachments

• diana8.jpg
    diana8.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 103
it just isnt oshkosh without MRE's and friends under the citabria.

Tears in my eyes...

Tears in my eyes...

Spike, y'all come. :)

Brian, thank you so much for posting the pictures for me.:yes: :cheerswine:

By the time Kent made it to the Citabria it was dark and I couldn't get a good picture of him with the iPhone. He and my neighbor were still talking when I went to bed. :D

Spike, y'all come. :)

Brian, thank you so much for posting the pictures for me.:yes: :cheerswine:

By the time Kent made it to the Citabria it was dark and I couldn't get a good picture of him with the iPhone. He and my neighbor were still talking when I went to bed. :D

No, wait... Kent was... talking?!?

And he got there with like 2 minutes to spare before they shut down the airport.... :D

Here's another pic from Diana: Gil Valez (TeenDoc) and Sue at the Cessna pilots dinner

Attachments

• diana9.jpg
    diana9.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 88
Wish I were there.

No, wait... Kent was... talking?!?
Kent offered some very interesting insights into General Aviation. And while everyone was snoring in Row 518 on the North 40 at OSH, we had a very technical discussion that ran til Midnight CDT. Pity I had already planned to leave on Tuesday morning, because I did want to see the Live PodCast this coming Friday.

Morning coffee with Citabria friends

Attachments

• diana10.jpg
    diana10.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 73
  • diana11.jpg
    diana11.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 72
  • diana12.jpg
    diana12.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 73
Kent offered some very interesting insights into General Aviation. And while everyone was snoring in Row 518 on the North 40 at OSH, we had a very technical discussion that ran til Midnight CDT. Pity I had already planned to leave on Tuesday morning, because I did want to see the Live PodCast this coming Friday.

Hey Arnold, sorry to conk out on you so early in the evening. :D

I sent Brian a photo of you and John in front of your plane, so it will get on here later today. :)

Last edited:
Morning coffee with Citabria friends
Brian, thanks again for posting these for me. :)

The first one is MRE's for dinner with Ken Ibold. The second one is Ken showing Tom his fancy new phone.

The first one is MRE's for dinner with Ken Ibold. The second one is Ken showing Tom his fancy new phone.

So Tom made it- Excellent!

Diana, you are truly the Queen.

Hey Arnold, sorry to conk out on you so early in the evening. :D

I sent Brian a photo of you and John in front of your plane, so it will get on here later today. :)

And here it is: Arnold and John...wonderful neighbors from PA

Attachments

• diana13.jpg
    diana13.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 54

Diana, great seeing you and Tom again! Thank YOU for the hospitality!!

Hi Everyone,

We made it back safely home to MDT (Harrisburg, PA). The tailwind and temperature at 9,000' were great, and within under 7 hours were on the ground with our trusty 172M. And just behind my wife and daughters on United 512 as they landed from O'Hare. I'll be back to OSH in 2010!

Hi Everyone,

We made it back safely home to MDT (Harrisburg, PA). The tailwind and temperature at 9,000' were great, and within under 7 hours were on the ground with our trusty 172M. And just behind my wife and daughters on United 512 as they landed from O'Hare. I'll be back to OSH in 2010!
That's great! Glad you're returning! (You do know that it will be held in the same place in 2009 too, right?:yes::rofl:)

Good to see another PA pilot on the board. Welcome Arnold. Was gonna ask if you flew out of Morgantown but see your at MDT. Gotta be cheaper than CXY.

Adam, Avflight at MDT has been extremely good to us. The FBO UFS AERO at CXY (formerly the Harrisburg Jet Center) has not been GA-Friendly, and we can only hope they come around, (- or wonder if exterminating GA was their plan all along). There are a great many pilots in PA that need to hear about POA.

Safe and Happy Flying,
Arnold

We took off from OSH this morning in the Cessna 182 and we're enjoying breakfast at DBQ. Bruce is flying the Citabria home for me. More pictures coming up after we get home.

I was watching the F-22 demonstration and just missed Diana'a presentation. Maybe next year.:blueplane:

Here's some more pictures from my iPhone:

These are of the blimp.

Attachments

• Blimp.jpg
    Blimp.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 31
  • Evening blimp 2.jpg
    Evening blimp 2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Evening blimp.jpg
    Evening blimp.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 28
World's largest gathering of women pilots:

Attachments

• Women in aviation 1.jpg
    Women in aviation 1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 30
  • Women in aviation 2.jpg
    Women in aviation 2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 40
Skywriting:

Attachments

• Oshkosh 2008 002 (Small).JPG
    Oshkosh 2008 002 (Small).JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Skywriting.jpg
    Skywriting.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 7
The jet behind us in line for take-off this morning...we could feel and hear it breathing behind us.

Attachments

• Jet behind us.jpg
    Jet behind us.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Jet behind us 2.jpg
    Jet behind us 2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 30
View taking off from OSH this morning:

Attachments

• Lift off.jpg
    Lift off.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 27
  • North 40 2.jpg
    North 40 2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Friar Tuck's.jpg
    Friar Tuck's.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 29
Wow Diana looks like you had a great time.

:) Brook, it was a great time for being with people. And I met some great new people, too...folks like Arnold who was my neighbor and is posting here now.

Here's a picture of Kim and Phil near their Birddog.

Attachments

• Kim and Phil.jpg
    Kim and Phil.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 37
Back