Photos from the 2010 grass strip tour

Could be. You just know it's got to have "squaw" in it somewhere, so there's probably not much upside in knowing the rest.

Guess you could edit that to "Squaw Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned!" Or maybe, "Squaw Who Soars With The Eagles." Not sure if these are flattering or not? Probably not!

Guess you could edit that to "Squaw Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned!" Or maybe, "Squaw Who Soars With The Eagles." Not sure if these are flattering or not? Probably not!
If I led a tribe, I'd just translate her name as "goddess" which suits her admirably:yesnod:

If I led a tribe, I'd just translate her name as "goddess" which suits her admirably:yesnod:

+1, although Wise One may vote otherwise!

My Indian name is One Short. But it wasn't a name given at birth, I earned it!

I have been told I am one short of a full deck, but somehow don't think that holds the same meaning.

There are lots of photos of Shade Tree Airfield to post. Here are some of my favorites. I got a ride in the Stearman as soon as I landed. :goofy: Danny flies it well. Janet's airplane is fun, too. :yes: I'd never seen a Varga Kachina before.

Boy, talk about deja vu all over again. Do these look familiar? I'm flying in the second photo!

Attachments

• MVC-150F.JPG
    MVC-150F.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 22
  • MVC-151F.JPG
    MVC-151F.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 28
Diana you should call it the 2010 Grass and SWAMP strip tour. Looks like a great trip. That shade tree field calls to me. I am envious of your ride in the Navion. I've been trying to snag a ride in one of those for a while. I bet it was great ride!
Adam, the Navion was a nice ride. :) He let me fly it for a bit. It was really solid and felt like flying a tank.

I just noticed the color-coordinated outfit and airplane. Seems like she could find some beer bottle (or can) in matching motif. Bud light, maybe?
Well, it was purely an accident. That was the only clean blouse that I had left. :D The Moosehead beer bottle matched the grass color (that's the best excuse I can come up with). :D

+1, although Wise One may vote otherwise!
Awwww. :redface:

I have been told I am one short of a full deck, but somehow don't think that holds the same meaning.

That's not too far off!
You guys are funny. :D Barb, for a long time I thought your name meant that you had one leg shorter than the other and was surprised that you didn't have a pronounced limp when I met you. :smile:

Back