Phone number for ATIS?

N918KT

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KT
Just wondering but are there phone numbers you can call to get the ATIS or ASOS/AWOS? If so, if I call, will it lead me straight to the ATIS prerecording or do I have to speak to a live human on the other line before I get the ATIS?

I'm just wondering about this.

Direct number listed in the A/FD (recently renamed to something I don't remember. The green book).

Go to www.airnav.com
Under the individual airports the phone number for the atis/asos is listed.

AWOS recordings are telephone accessible at all airports I've used. Look up the Airnav page for your airports of interest. That's an easy resource.

Thanks for the information guys, but my question is if I call the ATIS/ASOS/AWOS number is there a human on the other end of the line that I have to speak to first before getting to the ATIS recording or will it lead me directly to the ATIS recording without talking to anyone?

Directly to the recording.

no human. I have been calling more than I have been dialing up the freq for.

My experience has been that it is the same recording that you would hear on the radio.

Thanks guys! Just called up the CDW ASOS. It got me directly to a prerecorded message although, this is the same message you would hear when the control tower at CDW is closed for the night. Right now at this time, the tower isn't closed yet so I am not sure why I did not get the ATIS.

Direct number listed in the A/FD (recently renamed to something I don't remember. The green book).
chart supplement. probably took a committee meeting once a week for 18-months to come up with that. yes, the direct numbers are in the CS or online at AIRNAV.COM.

Some airports only have a landline for AWOS/ASOS and not ATIS. As mentioned, check Airnav.

Thanks guys! Just called up the CDW ASOS. It got me directly to a prerecorded message although, this is the same message you would hear when the control tower at CDW is closed for the night. Right now at this time, the tower isn't closed yet so I am not sure why I did not get the ATIS.
You called AWOS/ASOS, not ATIS. No code and up to the minute weather. Some airports have both.

I can't remember ever listening to the ATIS via phone. I'm sure it's available somewhere, but the automated weather is going to be the most up-to-date so I actually prefer that while not in the plane. The only downside to using the phone number is that it will be busy sometimes...usually when a crazy front is coming through and there are a bunch of us all trying to see how strong the winds are at that exact second.

Back