Philadelphia

midlifeflyer

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fly
Just a shot in the dark. I'm going to be in Philly (Convention Center area) a few days next week. No dinner plans for Tuesday or Wednesday evening if anyone is interested in getting together. I have no car so my travel radius is limited.

I won't be there, but if I remember correctly the Reading Market is next door and has a lot of interesting things and places to eat. If someone does meet up with you, that might be a good place to meet and eat.

I won't be there, but if I remember correctly the Reading Market is next door and has a lot of interesting things and places to eat. If someone does meet up with you, that might be a good place to meet and eat.
not only Reading Market, but Chinatown, multiple restaurants within walking distance, streets with sidewalk cafes. This is not my first trip.

not only Reading Market, but Chinatown, multiple restaurants within walking distance, streets with sidewalk cafes. This is not my first trip.
Leslie and I went there for a convention circa 2003. We found a really cool jazz club nearby (can't remember the name) that we will probably never go back to on purpose.
The food and service was great.
The jazz was superb.
The wine was phenomenal. It was close to our hotel so we could walk rather than drive after 3 bottles of wine).
The tab was >$400 before tip. :yikes: Remember, this was around 20 years ago than there was just the two of us.

FYI, Philly is the “city of brotherly love” like Greenland is green.

Just a shot in the dark. I'm going to be in Philly (Convention Center area) a few days next week. No dinner plans for Tuesday or Wednesday evening if anyone is interested in getting together. I have no car so my travel radius is limited.
I'll be in Pittsburgh. Same state. Wrong city.

Spent 7 long years there. No fond memories. Agree it sure is not the city of brotherly love. To me it will always be Filthydelphia. Have fun, be safe.

Back