Pezetel 106A

Mike Schneider

Pre-Flight
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
Fifteen or twenty years ago, I noted thirty or more old Polish crop dusters at the Americus, GA airport. Although they looked tired, I figured that I could cannibalize the fleet and put one flyable one together. I also figured that it wouldn't cost too much as it was apparent that they were not moving. Well, I forgot that pipe dream, until landing at Americus to make a claim for "Go Fly America", when I saw the Pezetels again. Once I got home, I "Googled" Americus & Pezetel, and found out someone else got the same idea I had. Sadly, it was a NTSB report dated November 12, 1994. The pilot was supposed to be headed for Opa Locka, FL; but some how got far out into the Gulf of Mexico. He circled a ship, had a rough running engine, and ditched. The ship was not able to rescue the pilot. This is sad.
Picture of an Americus Pezetel attached and a landing at Plains, GA.

Attachments

• Pezetel 106A.jpg
    Pezetel 106A.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 37
  • PlainsGA1.jpg
    PlainsGA1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 23
I had a similar dream - buy a worn out crop duster and have Walter Mitty fighter pilot fantasies. Someone actually converted one to a 2-seater once and put it in Aero Trader. I think an Ag Cat would be awesome to fly around just for fun.

Looking at the picture, one thought came to mind -

LEFT rudder! LEFT rudder!

Back