PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's to Use Human Milk

Go try to make ice cream out of 'em, and I think you'll have your answer. :vomit:

Actually, there is soy ice cream, and it's not all that bad. It's not ice cream, but it's not bad.

I also have run into ice cream make with coconut cream. It's GOOD, but very, very rich (= fattening).

Judy

The potential is just unlimited...:yes:

I can see it now...

"Protesters decry use of hormones to enhance milk production!"

"Is the milk supply SAFE??? New study shows cocaine, cannibidiol and amphetamines may be entering the milk supply!"

"Scientists genetically enhance breasts for greater size, more production. Organically raised breasts...are they the answer? "

I can see it now...

"Protesters decry use of hormones to enhance milk production!"

"Is the milk supply SAFE??? New study shows cocaine, cannibidiol and amphetamines may be entering the milk supply!"

"Scientists genetically enhance breasts for greater size, more production. Organically raised breasts...are they the answer? "

That is Excellent, but Anthony hit the important point, we need the pictures!! :cheerswine:

I drink Soy Milk but not for any political reasons I just can't drink Milk. I actually think the soy milk is pretty darn good.

Go try to make ice cream out of 'em, and I think you'll have your answer. :vomit:

You've been eating the wrong stuff if that's the case. Danos posted the link, and I post again:

http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/organic_soy_delicious.html

When I was engaged to the organic girl, she would have a tendency to buy it. In truth, that stuff was good enough that we'd buy it because we both liked it. Yep, we were voluntarily (not out of any lactose issues) eating the soy ice cream. And no, it didn't have to do with political reasons (even for her).

One thing that I learned from her is that if you think that any of that organic, soy, tofu, whatever stuff is bad, it just means you haven't had the right examples of it. For example, go have yourself some Tofurkey. Stuff's good, I'll eat it any day. I still buy a lot of organic stuff now because it tastes better.

I think it's funny that we, as humans, think drinking cow milk is perfectly natural, while the idea of drinking human milk totally skeeves us out.
-harry

I think it's funny that we, as humans, think drinking cow milk is perfectly natural, while the idea of drinking human milk totally skeeves us out.
-harry

I'm not a milk drinker, haven't been for many years. Its not for adults, its for children. I just don't think its that healthy and I am not lactose intolerant. I'll eat cheese and ice cream, but will not drink milk as part of my daily diet.

I only drink milk from Abbot's Mountain Dairy in North Conway, NH, and then only after hiking up there. After getting that milk as a kid at summer camp for 15 years, nothing else comes close.

-harry
I know what cows ingest and I know what people ingest. I trust the cows.

Don't necessarily trust what factory farms make the cows eat, though. :no:

soy ice cream
soy, tofu
Tofurkey

Ted... That ain't right. :vomit:

I'm not going to eat any of that crap. The few times I've had things like soy milk I thought it was absolutely disgusting. In addition... Well, that ain't right! I'm not going to buy any of it. I'm gonna drink real milk, eat real turkey and hamburgers and everything else. Why on earth would I eat something fake, when I can eat the real thing? :dunno:

I tried to eat a tofu hot dog once in an effort to be "healthy". I couldn't eat it. HORRIBLE! I threw them out.

I tried to eat a tofu hot dog once in an effort to be "healthy". I couldn't eat it. HORRIBLE! I threw them out.
Tofu is OK when it's in Asian food like it's original intent. When it is trying to masquerade as something else, yuk!

Tofu is OK when it's in Asian food like it's original intent. When it is trying to masquerade as something else, yuk!

Agreed, I've had it in a stir fry and it was OK as it absorbed the taste of the sauce.

Actually, there is soy ice cream, and it's not all that bad. It's not ice cream, but it's not bad.

I also have run into ice cream make with coconut cream. It's GOOD, but very, very rich (= fattening).

Judy

Yeah, but all you have to do is drive over to Pullman and drop into Ferdinand's for some GREAT ice cream. Not to mention the cheese, as well. I'll skip it this weekend (Homecoming) as the lines will be long, but maybe next month on the 18th.

GO COUGS!

Don't believe the hype
flavorflav.jpg

Tofurkey is freaking gross. So are most soy products, but soy milk is actually not bad. I can't stand milk period, but soy milk and "Silk" are acceptable replacements in my book.

But tofurkey? Blegh. In a mound of soy sauce from a wok? Tofu is good. In fact, hell, soy sauce is good. But for the most part, tofu makes me sick (and yes, I've tried many different forms due to people telling me I just haven't had the right kind).

Many soy-based products are terrible, you have to know which to choose. I've never had a soy milk that I didn't despise, but I prefer "Rice Dream" (regular, not 'vanilla') to regular milk for cereal.

As for soy-based veggie burgers, etc, again, much of it is crap, but some of it is excellent. Try pretty much anything Morningstar Farms. They make sausage links and patties, chix patties, "garden veggie" veggie burgers, and buffalo wings. Gardenburger makes "riblets" which make great sandwiches. Some veggie burgers attempt to replicate the taste and texture of meat, but many don't, and just share the format of "something meant to be put on bun".

Don't let insecurity in your masculinity prevent you from eating this stuff. It's just food, and when you're eating "real" meat (where "real" is defined by "this used to poop"), you probably didn't kill it with your own hands any way, so it really doesn't re-affirm your manhood.
-harry

Don't let insecurity in your masculinity prevent you from eating this stuff. It's just food, and when you're eating "real" meat (where "real" is defined by "this used to poop"), you probably didn't kill it with your own hands any way, so it really doesn't re-affirm your manhood.
-harry

It has nothing to do with masculinity, and everything to do with flavor, texture, etc.

I've had ONE "garden burger" in my life that was decent, but they had to fry the hell out of it to get it that way, and I doubt the nutritional value was any better than a regular burger. Since the regular burger still tastes way better, what's the point?

Cool Weggies has it... gonna have to look next time I'm there.

Favorite Flavors?

Any of the ones we bought were good. I, of course, always went for chocolate or the mint choclate thing they had. Those were yummy enough.

Kent and Nick, hey, eat what you like. If you don't like the soy/tofu/whatever stuff, then don't eat it. I don't buy the stuff regularly anymore (no longer engaged), but when I had it, I liked it. :)

Many soy-based products are terrible, you have to know which to choose. I've never had a soy milk that I didn't despise, but I prefer "Rice Dream" (regular, not 'vanilla') to regular milk for cereal.

As for soy-based veggie burgers, etc, again, much of it is crap, but some of it is excellent. Try pretty much anything Morningstar Farms. They make sausage links and patties, chix patties, "garden veggie" veggie burgers, and buffalo wings. Gardenburger makes "riblets" which make great sandwiches. Some veggie burgers attempt to replicate the taste and texture of meat, but many don't, and just share the format of "something meant to be put on bun".

-harry

About 90% of all the meat we eat was harvested and processed by me. :yes:

Even if it wasn't, I'm not going to punish myself by trying any type of fake meat again.:vomit:

Any of the ones we bought were good. I, of course, always went for chocolate or the mint choclate thing they had. Those were yummy enough.

Kent and Nick, hey, eat what you like. If you don't like the soy/tofu/whatever stuff, then don't eat it. I don't buy the stuff regularly anymore (no longer engaged), but when I had it, I liked it. :)

Admit it Ted, you ate the stuff to impress the fiance. :D:rofl:

Since the regular burger still tastes way better, what's the point?
If a regular burger tastes way better, then I think you're eating the wrong veggie burger, of which there are many wrong kinds, and only few right kinds.

In general, though, lower in fat, lower in calories, easily prepared in a microwave. In the civilized parts of the US, Subway shops offer a Gardenburger sub which is a pretty good one.

There are also lots of nice reasons for feeding plants to people, instead of feeding plants to cows, and then eating the cows, but that's just subversive hippie talk.
-harry

X2. I hate B&J ice cream, but I won't buy it for other reasons that only can be discussed in SZ.
I don't care for it for the same reason. Besides, for that money I've seen a LOT better ice cream from local folks.

Brenham, Texas is the place to be! Besides, Chuck Norris lives nearby. :)

I drink Soy Milk but not for any political reasons I just can't drink Milk. I actually think the soy milk is pretty darn good.

Parmalat has Zymil in the long life milk section and there is also Lactaid brand milk as well as typically local brands, that are lactose free if that is the issue.

-harry
Good point. I don't drink much milk to begin with, but I just have this vision of breast milk being warm/curdly. I'm sure it's just fine.

In general, though, lower in fat, lower in calories, easily prepared in a microwave. In the civilized parts of the US, Subway shops offer a Gardenburger sub which is a pretty good one.

Okay, I'll try that one. I reserve the right to continue to think it sucks.

-harry

Who's skeeved out?!? I'm a fan especially from the tap. Hmmmm... wonder if this would make it PC to ask for a lactating coworker for a squirt in the coffee?

This would have the advantage of making the production facility a profitable enterprise. "Only $xxx to milk one woman!" Nah, Somehow I don't think that's going to survive, any more that B&J's new Fudge Nipple or Mounds of Joy are going to make it. You know, I think we'd better nip this in the butt! :)

This would have the advantage of making the production facility a profitable enterprise. "Only $xxx to milk one woman!" Nah, Somehow I don't think that's going to survive, any more that B&J's new Fudge Nipple or Mounds of Joy are going to make it. You know, I think we'd better poke this in the butt! :)
:eek::eek::eek:

We let people sell blood. During WWII, my mother sold her milk. I couldn't drink it.

Back