PETA gone too far?

I had the misfortune of clicking this today but it seems appropriate here (caution, possibly disturbing).
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=asYTE_1522097431

Folks in the research sector are very heavily regulated in what they can do with animals (again, vertebrates). I recall inspecting the fish rooms. Agriculture, not so much. What is seen in that video would be an unacceptable practice in a research setting. I recall having some trouble with the agricultural research stations because of this.

The one I really feel for is the dude who has to clean out the mechanism seen in that video. Nasty.

I thought that was the first step to make chicken nuggets. :eek2:

People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

I am a charter member of Mankind for Ethical Animal Treatment.....

And I helped a friend start Fathers Against Rude Television.....

Both of these posts work for me.

Yes, sometimes PETA goes too far.

But I would think everyone would be in favor of treating animals in an ethical manner. I certainly am.

The level of snark and sarcasm directed at those who care about such things is disappointing. And, I suppose, best ignored.

My dad was a Professor of Veterinary Medicine at Washington State University. After what some PETA POS did to the office of a colleague of his, trashing the results of years of research, I have NO use for PETA or any of their sympathizers. None. They are nothing but terrorists in my book, and should be treated as such. Sorry if this hurts your feelings, but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

I had the misfortune of clicking this today but it seems appropriate here (caution, possibly disturbing).
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=asYTE_1522097431

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Seriously... ladies, children, and gentlemen of a delicate constitution should not click that link.
That's how they get rid of unwanted rooster chicks. I read somewhere that some scientists are working to select out male eggs before they form an embryo so they can stop this sort of thing.
[LINK] SFW
[LINK] SFW

Look... if you have any thoughts on eating any kind of meat (ever) stay the hell away from farms. We were really nice to our critters, but still... There were days that would have shocked Stephen King. Nothing like walking into the hen house just when they all decide to peck a hen to death. Or my clumsy-@$$ horse tripping over his own feet and stomping a half dozen chickens to death. Finding the mangled looser of a rooster fight (they do it all on their own with no help from people).

fbb5b4004a9ce67eb84f521ff17d2c5d.jpg

Back