Pet poll

With regard to pet-friendly hotels, do you...

• Actively search for pet-friendly hotels?

Votes: 44 42.3%
  • Actively avoid pet-friendly hotels?

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • Don't care if they are pet-friendly or not?

Votes: 38 36.5%

• Total voters

For now, we remain pet friendly. Over time, as we continue to upgrade the facility, pets will not be welcome at our hotel except in the kitchenette rooms. (The Red Baron Room, and the Airshow Room, for anyone that's interested.) This transition will take about two more years.

Set aside a couple of "pet friendly" rooms at the end of each wing so only one side has an adjoining room. That way the sound issue is cut in half.. Outfit those rooms with tile floors and minimal fabric so they are easier to houseclean after the pets leave. Charge a large up front cleaning surcharge and credit back AFTER a room inspection and BEFORE the guests check out....There are very responsible pet owners and they will pay a fair rate for your nice rooms,, the ones who are not responsible will go somewhere else... IMHO.

Set aside a couple of "pet friendly" rooms at the end of each wing so only one side has an adjoining room. That way the sound issue is cut in half.. Outfit those rooms with tile floors and minimal fabric so they are easier to houseclean after the pets leave. Charge a large up front cleaning surcharge and credit back AFTER a room inspection and BEFORE the guests check out....There are very responsible pet owners and they will pay a fair rate for your nice rooms,, the ones who are not responsible will go somewhere else... IMHO.

Good suggestions. We would avail ourselves of those rooms.

This thread has taught me that the hotel business sucks :)

It has its moments.

Most of the time, it is an absolute gas owning a hotel. There is nothing as fun as meeting guests at the front desk with a couple of ice-cold Shiner Bocks, and then putting them in a great room, providing them with great service, at a fair price -- and then watching them tell all their friends and family. :D

As with all businesses, though, you just can't please everyone. Sometimes things that are well beyond our control conspire to make things less than stellar for a guest -- and no matter what caused it, we get get the blame. It just goes with the territory...

We're celebrating our 10th year in the hotel biz this year. I think we're starting to get the hang of it... :lol:

It has its moments.

Most of the time, it is an absolute gas owning a hotel. There is nothing as fun as meeting guests at the front desk with a couple of ice-cold Shiner Bocks..... I think we're starting to get the hang of it... :lol:

Jay,

Did I miss the Shiner Bock welcome?

Pete Christensen
Leander, TX
KITFOX III

Jay,

Did I miss the Shiner Bock welcome?

Pete Christensen
Leander, TX
KITFOX III

Apparently! It happens when I'm working the front desk and am in an unusually good mood. Or, I'm thirsty. :D (Hey, like any good bartender, I have to have one WITH my guests...right?)

Come back next week, and (if I'm working the desk) I'll meet you with either Shiner or our own white zin -- your choice! :lol:

Apparently! It happens when I'm working the front desk and am in an unusually good mood. Or, I'm thirsty. :D (Hey, like any good bartender, I have to have one WITH my guests...right?)

Come back next week, and (if I'm working the desk) I'll meet you with either Shiner or our own white zin -- your choice! :lol:

We'll be back in the fall. Save the wine for my wife. She's a wine person.

Pete

P.S. Jay could you send me bit of your history for the newsletter? Starting with the big pool party in Iowa.

What was the final outcome with regards to pets?

No change, really. As we finish remodeling, the rooms will become "no pet" rooms.

Since we're in high season, now, no more remodeling will take place until next November -- so essentially we're right where we were when I started this thread, with 7 of our old rooms still pet-friendly.

That seems to be adequate, although I still get people who have their nose bent out of joint when I refuse to put them in one of our new rooms. Oh, well.

Back