Personality traits

INTJ

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif][FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]
First time I've taken one of these tests. Probably about right. Looks like I'll never make old bold pilot with INTJ. Oh well.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I am an engineer and am ENTP. But them I am also in demand because I can talk to customers and business people. I wonder if that the 'P' is the reason I do that so well?

IMO the 'P' lets you deal with customers and business people who don't share your values and principles and it means you don't look down on others who are at a lower "station". IOW, the 'P' makes them comfortable talking with you.

And I think it's the 'E' that makes you comfortable talking to them.

ENTP for me

Hey me and Bugs. Excellent company!!

I was scored as an ENTP ten years ago. I never really thought that much about it, but the description you posted was frankly a little bit scary. Most of the statements, good and bad, fit me well. In fact, they describe in glowing detail why my marriage recently died and why I have trouble staying in any given career for very long. What was the source of your quote?

Chris

ISTJ for this test. I've taken them before though, and they always come out ISTP/J depending on the day I take it.

Not the first time? Kent, I sent a private message. You didn't respond. Now, you state there were other times, issues, etc. Would you care to enumerate these events? I don't mean to hi-jack this thread but if you have issues with me, you need to state them TO ME.
Where do I make my list? I suppose I could launch a website where we all could make our list. It worked well for Martin Aviation.

KennyFlys said:
As far as how I feel about a few things said on here, I've stated as much to those people in either the thread as applied or if it comes up in the chat room. I've about given up on the chat room. If you don't know why, you've not paid attention. Perhaps a few others can tell you. There's obviously more said than I'm aware of.

It's funny that you decided you could jump into the chat room and make constant personal attacks about individuals. It was ignored for awhile and finally they returned fire. As soon as this happens you go crying like a man in a dress. (Wait a second..I think I have a picture of that).

KennyFlys said:
But then, what do I know?
Not much.

kennyflys said:
I'm just a dumb@$$ pilot
Agreed.

kennyflys said:
trying to do the right thing and make it through a process in my area with rules established by the school I fly out of and deal with the expected practices of those reviewing my performance and determine whether I meet the PTS for a specific ticket. Now, if the issues I face out of a FSDO here don't match those faced in other areas of the country, take that up with the FAA. Not every region is the same, not every FSDO is the same. And, the DE with a PTS in his/her hand is not completely objective. They all have their pet peeves that are comparable to the special emphasis areas but something they've determined by their own observations. We already know it's different with different schools. Should I move to another area, I'll come across something different I'm sure.
I read all that.. Wtf? BLAHETY blah PTS blah FSDO WHINE WHINE CRY.. It makes no sense.

KennyFlys said:
But regardless, I'll stop arguing safety
Good. Because historically you haven't fared so well in that department.

KennyFlys said:
and you and others can stay off my rear. And, I'll stay away from Gaston's and other gatherings. Obviously, I won't fit in since I've not adopted the "whatever" mentality in regard to flying.
So..you want to stay on the forum but not come to the actual events? What do you think we're going to bite you? Just don't be an ass preaching and this problem wouldn't exist.

KennyFlys said:
Good day.
You too.

KennyFlys said:
Richard, my apologies for the hi-jack.

Me too.

Obviously I am just picking on you a little here. I doubt you really that bad of a guy. But seriously none of us need you to play Daddy and say how unsafe we are constantly. What do you expect to come of that? It's going to **** people off. We all just want to talk airplanes and have fun. That is what this is all about and that is what Gastons is all about. Just let each pilot be their own pilot. Don't come up with some stupid reason to justify something that makes no sense. Don't you find it all that some of the stuff you say causes very experienced pilots to shake their head? Take a clue. If you don't have anything nice to say just don't.

Several times I've said "Ok. I'm done. I won't say anything to Kenny unless he starts it". That would last about 5 minutes. You know how many times Tristan has told me to play nice and I do until you say something? I think we all could put this behind us...

Last edited:
I didn't do the test because my wife says she already has me pinned as a PITA whatever the h that is!
:D

No surprises here.......

• Bruce Willis
  • Angela Lansbury
  • Rev. Billy Graham
  • Bette Davis
  • Lucy (Peanuts)
  • Lloyd Bridges
Yippie, ki-yay........

INTJ. There were many questions I felt both responses were equally accurate. Lisa

Most of those questions leave me saying to myself, "it depends on the situation" at a given time or, "both". (much of piloting is that way too) So I didn't bother with the test & label.

Most of those questions leave me saying to myself, "it depends on the situation" at a given time or, "both". (much of piloting is that way too) So I didn't bother with the test & label.
Are you saying you have "situational ethics"?

Such a matter would be how you choose to answer when your wife asks you if you think she's fat. :D

It has been a long time since I took this test but I'm pretty sure I scored:

an "ENTP" on the test.

Kimberly

INTJ here as well.

Not sure about where this KennyFlys drama is coming from--I don't read this forum enough to follow everything. Too busy flying. :D

ESTJ. I will gladly join your organization to assist with making sure the World Domination plans go smoothly. :rofl:

"They concern themselves with maintaining the social order and keeping others in line."

I would make an excellent henchman. :goofy:

Back