Personal News: I bought an airplane yesterday

kontiki

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Kontiki
Just thought I'd share the news and a couple photos. I am kinda tired of talking about it for awhile.

I personally think it's a really nice one.

My home life is now a little more like my work life and a bit more complicated.

I am looking forward to flying a lot more, networking with more nice folks and maintaining it.

I already know I'm really going to love flying this little gem around.

Oh yeah, It's a 1978 Grumman AA-5B, (really Gulfstream).

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Very nice. Congratulations. G430? Whats the other display? Stats Dude....!

Sure,

Airframe TT: Less than 3035 hours, per tach
Engine Total Time:
Less than 1320hrs SMOH, per tach
Less than 475hrs STOH, per tach
Less than 475hrs SPOH, per tach
Garmin 430 Waas Primary
Aspen Pro PFD 1000 -- AI / HSI / GPSS / realtime winds module -- no vacuum dependency
MK 12 Secondary
King KT76 Transponder
Garmin 340 Audio Panel
EDM 730 engine monitor
Century I
Lo Presti cowl
Lycon port and polish -- on 4 new Lycoming cylinders ~350 hours ago
Yesterday's compression test, all 76/77
Powerflow short-stack ceramic
HID light (Lo Presti Boom Beam)
Fuel totalizer - EI FP5
Hangered 99% - Has Airplane cover
63 pitch Senisich prop
Paint -- above average / painted 2006 / new Tiger scheme - White/Green/Gold
Interior - leather, above average

Congrats! Great looking bird in and out.

Nice panel.
Nice ship.
Congrats

Oh yeah, It's a 1978 Grumman AA-5B, (really Gulfstream).
So when you tell your non-pilot friends you own and fly a Gulfstream do they look at you funny or just start asking for financial assistance? :D

So when you tell your non-pilot friends you own and fly a Gulfstream do they look at you funny or just start asking for financial assistance? :D

They want me to adopt them!

NICE!!! You got about everything you would want to ever put on that airframe and didnt have to suffer the "plane is in the shop" downtime to have it installed!!

If you're ever in the DFW area, I'll trade you dinner for a chance to look closer and take a ride.

Nice one. I don't suppose there is any chance of buyers remorse and you would want to sell it is there?

Congrats!! Wow....she's a beauty and a killer panel to go with it. Love that Aspen. Love the colors too. In fact, I'm thinking about a paint job for my Mooney and I saw one today on the ramp ( transitioning) painted almost exactly like yours. Looked very sharp just like yours does!

Nice! Congratulations -- I've never known anyone who owned a Grumman to be anything but thrilled with it!

Wow nice plane! If your ever in north Mississippi let me know so you can show it off! Congrats.

Beautiful looking bird. Did they tell you why it was topped at 855 +/-?

Seller told me previous owner ran too lean and valves on one cylinder were overheated, and he felt better replacing all 4. The seller was very meticulous, not inclined to defer maintenance. I believe it too.

Congrats nice plane and panel,good luck ,enjoy.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

That prop makes life very comfy on the Grummans. Might need a dynamic balance if not done previous. Also, check for cracks inside the spinner back plate if you have a chance. Hi failure item on the plane.

Last edited:
From one Tiger owner to another, good luck on a great looking bird.

Mike in NJ

Nice, nice, NICE!

Back